I still remember my mum making gulgulas when it used to rain.... and sometimes when unexpected guests used to come over.... my mum still makes gulgulas when my kids tell her that they want boogoola... Any day or time is a good time to have Gulgula. Theres a little secret shhhh dont tell anyone make a nutella sauce and dip in it. This recipe is for my mum... love you mum. Mums gulgulas are always the perfect ones.
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 3 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins and Almonds mixed
- as require Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- To deep fry Oil
- Mix together all the dry ingredients
- Add water slowly and keep mixing until you get a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or deep fryer.
- Take a teaspoon of batter and drop it in hot oil. Fry the gulgula until it turns golden brown.
- Drain it on paper towel and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee or even by itself.
Batter shouldnt be runny it should be a little thicker then pancake batter.
You can add mash bananas to give it a bit more fruity taste.
Add coco powder for chocolate flavor.