Hamburger Baked Bean Bonaza
A friend of mine called this meal a Bountiful Bonanza full of texture and flavor, but a better term for it is: A Goulash.
As always you are the cook and can make variations by adding or omitt anything you want in your dish.
Here's a tip I learned to making pasta meals even quicker; DO NOT draing the water, but using it to create your sauce right in the pot itself. By removing the draining process and then reheating a sauce cuts the time by 15 minutes.
Another note here is; I use leftovers in various ways which in most cases creates new meals. I do this so I don't waste food. So very often you'll see in my recipes things you may not have thought of adding before. Like the addition of the baked beans here in this recipe. It was a last minutes decision to throw in this dish. because I had a small portion of them leftover from the night before.
Additionally, with this dish, I severed a Cesar salad instead of the Romaine and Carrots. We found by incorporated the two (salad & main dish) into one bite made a burst of crunchy, sweet and hot temperature combination to where Todd call this meal "A Bountiful Bonanza". The texture and taste were phenomenal. He had 3 servings, it was a hit here! It was an experiement which paid off well... I do hope you enjoy this bonanza meal as much as we did?
- 1 lb of hamburger
- 4 cups of water
- 3 -Beef Bouliion
- 6 -oz of White Fiber Shells
- 1/4 cup baked beans
- 2 -4 tsp of BBQ sauce
- 3 -tbl bacon bits
- 1 -tbl miniced garlic
- 1/4 -c chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp of Soul Seasoning
- 1/2 -c water
- 1/2 -c cornstratch
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Carrot sticks
- Leaves of Romaine lettuce
Prep Time: 10-15
Total Time: 30
Used half a box to create this meal...
- 6-8 quart cooking pot
- Cook hamburger in the pot - Do not drain grease as it replaces any butter.
- Add water and beef boullion to pot ~ bring to a boil.
- Add all of the ingredients ~ except the cornstarch and water
- Reduce to a simmer and cover for 20 mintues
- While simmering place the cornstarch and cold water in small bowl - mix with fork
- Once noodles are tender add cornstarch mixture slowly into pasta with wooden spoon, thicken to your preference
- Place lettuce lefts in bowl and serve Hamburger meal on top and serve carrot sticks on side.
- Place salt & pepper on your dinner table so indivdual's can add to their own taste
Always have this spice on hand... you can omit salt and/or pepper you would use normally as this takes this takes their place.
Can't do without a good cookwear to create your tastey dishes.