How to Make and Peel Hard Boiled and Soft Boiled Eggs, With Photos and Video
My family and I just love boiled eggs! They are healthy and make a quick easy snack. They are also a starting point for other recipes such as egg salad and deviled eggs. Try them sliced on salads, plain or with a sprinkle of salt.
There are also different degrees of boiled eggs. The most common is the hard boiled egg. This is when the egg is cooked to the point where the entire yolk of the egg cooks solid. Soft boiled eggs is when it is cooked less so that the yolk is still runny. However you like your boiled eggs I hope this hub will help you achieve your goals.
Put your eggs in a single layer in a large pan
Add water until it is at least an inch above the eggs
Cook on med-high heat until it comes to a boil
Timing is important, so when you hear the eggs start to rattle stand by... it will boil soon
It's Boiling! Start the timer!
4 min for soft boiled
7 min for medium boiled
10 min for hard boiled
When they have boiled for however many minutes you prefer, rinse with cold water
Make the temperature change gradual by putting cold water into the pan without emptying the hot. Let the water overflow until the eggs and pan has cooled. Not doing this causes a sudden temperature change and could warp your pan.
How to Easily Peel a Hard Boiled Egg
Peeling an egg can be tricky and often times frustrating, especially when you want to present them. There is an easy fast way to peel eggs with baking soda and then blowing it out of the shell, but do you really want to serve your eggs with your spit all over them? My method takes a little more time but you still get beautifully peeled eggs, without the germs ^_^
- Dont Wait For A Special Occasion To Make Deviled Eggs That Look Like Baby Chicks; Photos And Instruc
How to make easy and fun deviled eggs to look like baby chicks.
- How to make deviled eggs, super easy!
1. Get your hard boiled egg. Eggs that are cooked at least a day in advance peel better
2. Start your cracks by tapping on a hard surface
3. pick off a small amount of shell, just enough to get your thumb under
4. Make sure the membrane is broken. If not break it
5. Start peeling with the side of your thumb so that your nail does not touch the egg. you should be lifting both egg and membrane as you glide your thumb along the egg.
6. For the bit of membrane that likes to stick to the flat spot; just rub it off with your thumb or finger.