Hawaiian Snowcap Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
It is hard to beat the classic chocolate chip cookie, but every now and then you find something that blows you away - and in this case, it is the buttery goodness of white chocolate and coconut mixed with the familiar dough that is reminiscent of the classic chocolate chip cookie.
This recipe has an extra special appeal - it works with all seasons. Fit for both summer, winter, and the holidays, it will remind you both of a tropical island breeze and a cozy fireplace escape. It's simple to make and a huge crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into mixture.
- Mix coconut into mixture.
- Mix white chocolate chips into mixture.
- On ungreased baking sheet, place a small scoop of mixture (about 1 heaping teaspoon) about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.