- Food and Cooking
Healthy & Easy Oven Baked Vegetables
Oven Roasted Goodness!
I would like to share a very easy recipe for roasted vegetables. I have been making adaptations of this 9X13 vegetable casserole for 15+ years, and I want to give you a nice base to start off with.
You can adapt this recipe to suit your own tastes; however I love it as is! The key concept here is that you can roast a variety of veggies in the oven and season with salt, pepper and a little olive oil. That is all you really need, but of course creativity with any recipe is always fun and allows for versatility.
Please be advised that this recipe is GLUTEN FREE and VEGAN and won't clog your arteries!
This recipe is very easy to change up depending on what you have on hand or what is on sale at the store! For example, sometimes I use green bell peppers or substitute an additional zucchini for the yellow squash. You can't go wrong with the fresh taste of oven roasted vegetables!
- Cook time: 45 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: 10-12
- 1 Zucchini (medium size)
- 1 Yellow Squash (medium size)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (medium size)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (medium size)
- 1 lb Asparagus (I use one bunch)
- 1 Red Onion (medium size)
- 3 -4 T Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1. Chop up all vegetables as desired
- 2. Put vegetables into a 9X13 glass baking pan
- 3. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper
- 4. Stir to evenly coat vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper
- 5. Roast at 450 degrees for 30 minutes stirring occasionally