Not just Apple Pie ... it's Heavenly Apple Pie
Heavenly Apple Pies
A Pudding that is Delicious - Decadent - Divine - Heavenly Apple Pie Dessert !
Having drawn the dessert card for our Christmas 2011 family get-together dinner - out came my Recipe Books that were languishing on The Book Shelves at Synchronicity House - so many choices it was overwhelming!
The page fell open to Apple Desserts - Heavenly Apple Pie; was this synchronicity?
Heavenly Apple Pie was favourite dessert made by my mother, one she collected in the 1980s I think. In the end, feeling nostalgic (Christmas does that don't you find?) and suddenly missing her as she died many years ago, I chose Mom's recipe to share with the family.
Now that I follow a mostly Raw Diet, eating lots of fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, Green Smoothies and Green Juices, baking is no longer on my menu very much at all. Although I must admit I have relaxed into the Raw lifestyle now so don't feel the need to be as fanatical as I was in the beginning and occasionally have cooked meals!
The reason I eat mostly Raw is that it makes me feel GOOD. And a very unexpected bonus was for the first time in my life to lose more than 24 lbs in weight very easily without dieting. Yay! Eating this way keeps me and my weight at a healthy best and that's a wonder-full feeling!
I do miss baking! All the gorgeous Recipes that I cut out from magazines; not forgetting the Boards that I've created on Pinterest to try one day and my "Tried and Tested in Barbs Kitchen Recipe Book" that is ignored and forgotten on my Book Shelves, getting no exercise at all.
So you can understand that I look forward to occasions when I can whip up a creation from my store of "To Make One Day."
So here it is, the dessert I chose, a pudding that is delicious, decadent and divine - Heavenly Apple Pie.
I hope you enjoy :)
Grow your own Apple Trees from seed - Or find a local nursery to buy a ready growing tree!
What a challenge. What amazing benefits you will harvest when your tree begins to produce fruit!
How much more delicious will your apple pies and other home made recipes taste (never mind the savings to your budget) with growing your own.
I have a friend who has the loveliest apple tree ever - it's a Bramley and produces hundreds and hundreds of apples every year. She shares loads with me so I have apples from September to December to experiment making apple pies (of course), stewed apples, apple butter, apple crumble, even dinners - crockpot apple pork chops is one of my favourite, not forgetting Chicken with apple and sweet potato cooked overnight in my crockpot.
Remember that old saying - An Apple a Day keeps the Doctor Away.
So grown your own - not only is it free; but you can make sure it's free from pesticides too.
*** Read the entire Recipe a few times and try to visualize each step.
*** Assemble all the ingredients, utensils and bowls before you begin to make your creation.
Rules for Baking
Don't hurry when you're baking as that's when mistakes happen.
You know the sort of thing I mean - like grabbing ordinary flour instead of self raising flour, so your cake doesn't rise.
After quite a few mishaps I follow these two rules:
- My first rule is to always read the recipe a couple of times before getting started and think about each step.
- Secondly, collect all the ingredients for the recipe beforehand so you know you have everything. Also get out all the utensils and bowls you will need.
Then you're prepared to create your masterpiece.
Cream, Beat and CookClick thumbnail to view full-size
Heavenly Apple Pies
- 250 ml Sugar
- 50 ml Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 250 ml Flour
- 5 ml Baking Powder
- 2 ml Salt
- 125 Milk
- 1 Large Tin Pie Apples
- 250 ml cream (for the syrup)
- 250 ml sugar (for the syrup)
- * Grease 2 x 23cm pie dishes (or 1 large).
- * Turn on oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) to heat while you are mixing the ingredients.
- * Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- * Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- * Sift dry ingredients and add to the butter and egg mixture alternately with milk.
- * Pour the batter in to the two greased pie dishes.
- *Spoon the apples pieces over the batter.
- *Bake at 180 degrees C for 25 to 30 minutes.
- * While the pies are baking, boil the sugar and cream for about 15 minutes (yes, it really will take about 15 minutes) until the mixture turns thick and syrupy. Keep an eye on it and stir often so that it doesn't burn.
- *When you take your two baked pies from the oven, immediately pour this syrup over them.
- *Put the pies back into the oven to bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve Heavenly Apple Pie either hot or cold.
Voila! Heavenly Apple Pie
Serve your Heavenly Apple Pie either hot or cold.
My Mom - Heavenly Apple Pie Recipe
Thanks for the recipe Mom!
My lovely Mom, Margaret Rose Snyders, who died on 31st March 1999.
I think I inherited my love for sweet things from her.
I can share my Mom's recipe and her photograph with the world. How amazing is modern technology?
"Gone but not forgotten" takes on a new meaning with all the technology at our finger tips.
Now that I'm sharing this Recipe with you all, I need to bake this Heavenly Apple Pie again. Yummy!
Dishes for your pies and a gift idea
Tried Raw Apple Pie?
*** No cooking
*** Sugar Free
*** Vitamin and Mineral rich
*** Dairy Free
Raw Apple Pie Recipe - Decadent, divine and delicious too!
My Lens wouldn't be complete unless it had a recipe for a RAW Apple Pie.
My mostly raw diet is delicious and moreish too - try this recipe by Ani Phyo and see for yourself.
Cooked or Raw?
You've watched Ani's Raw Apple Recipe right?
(If you haven't, do take the few minutes to watch her make her delicious, easy Raw Recipe and then please vote in my Poll)