- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Holiday Dishpan Cookies Recipe
Big Batch Recipes make lots of Cookies
How to Make Granny' s Quick and Easy Holiday Dish Pan Cookies
Granny' s quick and easy holiday cookie recipes are great this time of year!
This quick and easy recipe for dish pan cookies are always a big hit for kids of all ages.
I do not know exactly where this holiday cookies recipe came from originally; however, I do know that these cookies are generally made every year for holiday treats.
Baking with Granny
Things You will Need
To make these dishpan cookies you will need:
- A large dish pan for mixing all the ingredients
- Several cookie sheets for baking your quick and easy dish pan cookies
For instance, you can make good use of a non-stick set of bake-ware cookie sheets as this 3-piece value set. Using more than one baking pan at a time helps you make more cookies more quickly. You can place the unbaked cookie dough on each of the sheets. Place some in the oven to bake, while another set sits ready and waiting to go into the oven.
Granny' s Quick and Easy Holiday Dish Pan Cookies Recipe
- 4 cups Self-rising flour
- 2 cups White sugar
- 2 cups Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup regular uncooked oatmeal
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 cups crushed cornflake cereal
- 2 cups melted Crisco
- you can use plain or butter flavor
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350, while you melt the Crisco, chop the pecans or nuts of your preference, crush the cornflakes and grate the coconut if you are using fresh coconut.
- Using a clean dry dish pan you will add while thoroughly mixing all the ingredients together for these holiday dish pan cookies, which include: - 4 cups Self-rising flour - 2 cups White sugar - 2 cups Brown sugar - 1/2 cup regular uncooked oatmeal - 1/2 cup grated coconut - 2 cups crushed cornflakes cereal - 2 cups melted Crisco, you can use plain or butter flavor - 2 tablespoons vanilla - 4 eggs - 2 cups chopped pecans
- Roll the dish pan cookie dough out into medium size balls and then arrange them evenly on your cookie sheets for baking in your pre-heated hot oven.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until done, depending on the temperature of your oven as they can and do vary. You can serve them hot or cold as they are delicious either way.
Things to Know about Dishpan Cookies
Dishpan Cookie Recipe Tips
- Generally, you can find grated coconut in the cooler section of the grocery store, however if you are feeling quite resourceful you can use a fresh coconut and then grate the meat of the coconut to equal ½ cup.
- Granny generally has the kids crush the two cups of cornflakes after putting them in a gallon size freezer bag or even in a bowl for clean hand crushing the cornflakes.
- You can serve these hot with a cold glass of milk for a great holiday treat. You can also line some boxes or decorative holiday tins with parchment or butcher paper and then seal them up for those on your holiday gift-giving list.
A large flat bottom dishpan for making recipes at home.
If you do not use an electric mixer, you might need a large dishpan like this one to make this holiday recipe.Since, there are so many ingredients for making these types of cookies there is more room to maneuver while mixing them up in such a dishpan. This is the old-fashioned way to make them.
However, if you have an electric mixer with the capacity of accommodating the amount of ingredients you will include in this recipe, you should feel free to use it. Mixing them in a dishpan is the only way mother makes them and the only way I've seen them made.
Stirring Up something Delicious at Home
An even larger mixer for large batches of goodies.
Holiday cookies are something that everyone enjoys and generally looks forward to making, eating, giving and receiving. I know from experience that many people will ask if we've made any more cookies even when it's not Christmas. Sometimes, the kids are able to talk Granny into making a batch of her cookies at different times of the year. So these cookies are great anytime and not just during the holidays.
However, if you are into cookie exchanges during the holidays, you might like to make a big batch of these delicious treats to exchange with anyone else who attends or joins in the fun of such an exchange of goodies.
You might choose to make them in a dishpan just as mother does. On the other hand, you can also mix them up while using a large capacity standing electric mixer much like this mixer. This is one I like and have included on my wishlist.
Do You think You and Your Family might Like our Dish Pan Cookie Recipe?
Enjoy Cookies Anytime!
Articles of Interest
- Easy to Make Unbaked Cookie Recipe
Some of the sweetest memories of childhood are all the delicious sweets and treats that your mom or grandmother use to make for the whole family. Of c...
- M&M Cookies Recipe
Learn how to make delicious M&M cookies from scratch with this easy to make cookie recipe. Includes instructional video and step-by-step directions with pictures.
- Oatmeal Bar Cookie Recipe with Dates and Nuts ~ Fami...
This bar cookie recipe is an old family one. Enjoy some background photos as well as step by step instructions.
- Shortbread Cookie Recipe
This shortbread cookie recipe is unique from others in that the dough does not need to be refrigerated. This means that this shortbread is much quicker and easier to prepare than other recipes...
- Colorful Sugar Cookie Recipes
Cookies are delicious and fun, especially for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day or Easter. Bake a classic sugar cookie and frost to suit the occasion perfectly!
- Delicious Oatmeal Cookie Recipes - Best Ingredients ...
Oatmeal has many health benefits but they are not our favorite food because of the bland taste. In this hub is a collection of oatmeal cookie recipes. You can add chocolate chips, coconut, fruits and nuts to create delicious cookies that kids will su
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe - On Top of the...
In the mood for peanut butter cookies but in a hurry? Or maybe it's too hot to bake. Cook these easy no-bake peanut butter cookies with oatmeal right on top of the stove and enjoy them in minutes!
- How to make Delicious Gluten Free Cookies, Recipes
Recipe for how to make delicious gluten free cookies, three variations, coconut cookies, almond cookies and chocolate chip cookies. Ideal for everyone, especially coeliac or gluten free diet.
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Have you ever just had the hankering for something good, warm and sweet with just the right amount of peanut butter to make your mouth water just considering the temptation? Well if you like cookies and you do not want to spend a lot of time to...