- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Homemade Deviled Eggs Recipe
Deviled eggs are a wonderful party hors d’oeuvre. Most people I know usually just buy them at the store, pre-made, and they’re just kind of plain and boring. If you make them at home the day before, they taste far better and much fresher (hard-boiled eggs and mayo don’t really stay fresh for long in the store). So give this recipe a try and see what you think; it’s a little bit of work, but it really is worth the extra effort.
2 oz. (4 tablespoons) mayonnaise
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
¼ to ½ teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
½ to 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (to taste)
¼ to ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional) (use if you like them a little bit spicier)
1 teaspoon Paprika (for dusting)
1. Place eggs, 6 at a time, in a large pot of cold water and slowly bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for 20 minutes.
2. Remove eggs from boiling water and cool completely.
3. Repeat with other 6 eggs.
4. When cool, cut eggs in half, length-wise, and remove egg yolks and place in a mixing bowl.
5. Add mayo, black pepper, garlic powder and vinegar and mix together.
6. When well blended, scoop teaspoon amount of yolk mixture into each empty egg white.
7. Sprinkle with paprika.
8. Serve on a large serving platter; or if transporting place in a large Tupperware container with a tight lid.
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
In America every time when we think of pudding we think of Jello, but in Britian a pudding can be something other than a dessert. A Yorkshire Pudding is kind of like a dinner roll that is usually served with gravy. I thought I would share my recipe.
- Quick and Simple Tuna Casserole Recipe
Here is a simple and easy recipe for a tuna casserole. Great for a day of the week. Enjoy!
- Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
Most of us buy salad dressing from the store not realizing we can make it at home and make it taste even better than the store bought stuff. This is my recipe for Thousand Island. Enjoy!
- Easy Homemade Potato Salad
This is my mother's recipe for potato salad, and it is far better than anything bought at the store. Enjoy.