Homemade Neopolitan Pizza Dough Recipe
Easy, Tasty, Delicious
Sometimes buying pizza dough in the stores just isn't as good as the homemade stuff. It's easy to make your own homemade pizza dough, and it won't take that long either. This recipe will also make a batch of a few doughs for several pizzas, so you can enjoy homemade dough for several meals! Read on for directions on how to make homemade pizza dough, along with some recommended pizza making tips.
This classic style pizza is a Neopolitan recipe. Neopolitan style pizza crust is not oily, but bulky and doughy. It's also low in salt compared to other pizza recipes. Here are the ingredients you'll need to make it:
* 4 cups white flour, sifted
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 envelopes yeast
* 1 3/4 cup warm water
For the toppings, you'll need:
* 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese (thin sliced)
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 1/4 tsp salt
* Pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or other favorite toppings
Pizza on the Grill: 100 Easy Pizza Recipes - Who knew there were so many different ways to grill dough, sauce and cheese....
Have you ever wanted to try to make grilled pizza, or attempted and it came out horrible? The days of awful, steamrolled looking, half-cooked garbage will finally be over with this incredible book of 100 easy grilled pizza recipes. In fact, you can use the recipe on this page to grill up your own delicious pie and see how it works out.
* 100 Feisty Fire-roasted Recipes for Pizza & More
* Perfect for the beginner
* How-to photographs to inspire confidence
* Packed with tempting topping combinations -- crab and artichoke with pecorino; steak, roasted garlic and blue cheese; potatoes, pancetta and Gruyere; lobster and corn.
Just before going into the oven - what you're dough might look like!
This pizza is incredibly easy to make. The recipe here will make 2 x-large pizzas, or 3 large pizzas. Double the recipe and store some of the dough balls in the freezer, wrapped in plastic wrap for quick, easy pizza dough available whenever you need it. Be sure the dough is securely wrapped to prevent the dough from drying out. Try placing it in a sealable bag in addition to plastic wrap.
Directions for Homemade Pizza Dough:
1. Place the flour on a smooth cutting board or pastry board. Combine the yeast and warm water in a container and throughly mix. Add the yeast water to the flour in a large bowl, and knead the mixture together.
2. Work dough into a ball, and cover. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 2 hours, until the dough has roughly doubled in size.
3. Place the dough on a floured surface and pound lightly to deflate the air from the dough. Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Stretch one of the doughs over a pie plate or on a pizza/cooking stone. Flour the bottom of the stone, or lightly grease a pan with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle the dough with oil, sauce, cheese, and toppings. Use oregano, salt, pepper, basil and spice if desired. Cook at 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes, or until the crust has lightly browned.
Tips for a Better Pizza
Here are some ideas to make your pizza taste a little better next time around:
* Use fresh mozzarella cheese instead of pre-bagged shredded cheese. Fresh mozzarella has a better taste, and tastes great on pizza.
* Use fresh spices instead of dried. Dried spices are good when nothing else is available, but when possible, try fresh basil and oregano on your pizza. This adds immense fresh flavor.
* Make your own pizza sauce. Instead of using a jarred sauce, make your own. A delicious sauce can be made cheaper and much better than the store bought pre-made variety. Use crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, and spices and experiment to find a combination you like.
* Try brushing the crust with Extra Virgin olive oil. This adds flavor to the dough, and the better the olive oil, the better your pizza will taste. It will also moisten the pizza slightly.
* Instead of making a round pizza, you can make a square or rectangle. This will make the middle of the pizza have no crust, which might please some of those people that don't like eating crusts.
* Add baby spinach leaves, broccoli, and other vegetables to vary up your pizza. Try making a theme pizza, like pineapple chicken, BLT pizza, or spinach and mushroom.
Favorite Topping - VOTE! - In the fight to the death... who wins?
Pepperoni, sausage, bacon, peppers, onions? Anchovies? In a barbed wire cage match, the ultimate pizza toppings fight to the death in the poll below...
In other words, what's your favorite topping?
Wolfgang Puck's Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe - Maybe his is better, I haven't tried it, but it LOOKS good!
This recipe uses honey and olive oil to give this its delicious flavor.
Does pizza need to be refrigerated?
Cooked pizza does need to be refrigerated. It's a myth that it can be left out at room temperature. See this pizza question on Yahoo Answers.
Stuff That Will Make Your Pizza Better - Recommended stuff to make an incredible pizza every time
You can't get the job done right unless you have the right tools. With cooking, this is the case, just like carpentry, building a home, or mowing the lawn. These will make your job easier, and make your pizza so much better.
* Fantastic Grilled Pizza Using Your Backyard Grill.
* Turn your Outdoor Grill into an Old World Style Pizza Oven.
* Unique Material and Shape is Perfect for Grilling Wood Smoked, Thin Crust Pizza.
* 1,235-watt countertop oven makes pizza in about half the time of a conventional oven
* Independently controlled top and bottom heating elements
* Multiple types (frozen or fresh) and sizes (7 to 12 inches) of pizza can be used
* Heavy weight aluminized steel for durability, strength and superior heat conduction
* Coated with tough corrosion-resistance of an aluminum ally
* Dishwasher safe
In Knead of Some Great Dough? - Yup, that's a pun (some people still use them)
Do you know what you're doing when you're making bread? This book will walk you through the fine art of making bread, and tell you how you can make an incredible dough quicker. If you think making a great dough takes all day, this book will teach you that it just isn't so! A delicious, tasty homemade dough can be whipped up quickly, it's just a skill that needs to be learned. Make a better pizza, better breads, and better pastas!
* 75 mouth watering recipes for pastas, pastries and breads
* Includes recommended tools to make kneading dough and making dough easier
* Teaches the skill of timing for creating an incredible dough
* Make elaborate pastas, dishes and sides and breads