Easy Recipe for Homemade Pizza Sauce
Homemade Pizza Sauce Should be Kept Simple
Homemade pizza sauce is very easy to make but there can often be a temptation and even an inclination to include too many and often non-essential ingredients. While the tomato based pizza sauce is of course important to almost every pizza recipe, the principal flavours of the pizza should come from the cheese and other toppings. This page provides instructions for making a very basic but delicious pizza sauce for your perfect homemade pizza.
Pizza Sauce Ingredients
- 1 8 oz can chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- Generous pinch of dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour the tomatoes in to a saucepan. Peel the garlic clove and grate it in to the tomatoes with a hand grater. Season with the basil, salt and pepper.
- Put the saucepan on to a moderate heat until the sauce reaches a simmer. Reduce the heat to as low as possible and simmer for around fifteen minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until a lush, thick sauce is formed.
- The sauce at this stage must be covered and allowed to cool completely before being used on your pizza. Alternatively, you may wish to allow it to cool only slightly before sieving it or blitzing it in a food processor to achieve maximum smoothness.
Authentic Italian Pizza Sauce Recipe - No cooking - as easy as it gets
If you want a virtually instant tomato sauce and can't wait while it cooks down before it is strained or blitzed, the recipe in the video below may just be the perfect one for your needs.
Pizza Sauce Recipes of all Types - Why not take a look at different options and select your favourite?
Pizza sauce recipes are like any other type of food recipe in that they are subject to individual tastes and preferences. Below are some alternative ideas for pizza sauce which you may wish to consider in order to make your own, perfect, custom designed pizza.
- Pizza Recipe : Cooked Pizza Sauce
Here's a basic recipe for cooked pizza sauce.
- Pizza Recipe : Uncooked Pizza Sauce
Here's a basic recipe for uncooked pizza sauce.
- Recipe for Oregano Pizza Sauce
This pizza sauce recipe with tomato sauce and paste is seasoned with garlic, oregano, and other seasonings.
- Chef Maestro - Italian Pizza Sauce Recipe
Pizza sauce recipe - cooked and uncooked pizza sauce by a professional chef.
- Forno Bravo Pizza Sauce Recipe
Learn to make Vera Pizza Napoletana at home using Italian Tipo 00 pizza flour, San Marzano tomatoes and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Authentic Italian pizza sauce recipe.
- Italian Homemade Pizza Made Easy
Best Pizza Sauce Recipe, sure to be a hit with friends and family...give it a try tonight.
- Tarla Dalal's Pizza Sauce Recipe
A sauce to compulsory make your pizza taste better.
Thank you for your visit to this page. I hope that you have in some way at least found it useful and that you will attempt making your own homemade pizza sauce.
Any comments or feedback which you do have may be left in the space below.