- Food and Cooking
Homemade Vegetable Pasta Primavera
Make Your Own Garden Fresh Vegetable Pasta Primavera!
Pasta primavera is one of the best Italian style dinner dishes if you're craving garden fresh vegetables along with pasta. This recipe can be easily prepared in just minutes for dinner, and tastes great leftover. Serve it with some fresh Italian bread and you've got a great Italian meal on your hands! Read on for directions and on how to make this tasty homemade vegetable pasta primavera recipe.
Ingredients for Vegetable Pasta Primavera
What you'll need to make this easy Italian recipe right now...
A few basic ingredients make up this simple, classic Italian dish. There are hundreds of different variations of pasta primavera or vegetable primavera on the web, most of which consist of a light base, along with fresh squash, carrots, broccoli, and other spring vegetables. As the seasons change, you'll be able to switch out vegetables for what's in season, whether it's mushrooms, parsnips, fresh garden tomatoes, or peas.
* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* 1 whole zucchini, peeled
* 1 whole yellow squash
* 1 fresh garden tomato
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or one fresh garlic clove, small, minced)
* 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
* 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
* 2 Tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
Pasta, oil, cheese, and fresh vegetables are all this recipe calls for.
Cook every sort of vegetable imaginable, find out how to prepare them, clean them, and which vegetables go best together with this highly recommended cookbook!
"James Peterson's Vegetables is an encyclopedic yet easy-to-read guide to preparing everything from artichokes and beet greens to plantains and watercress. It contains more than 300 enticing recipes, many which use just three or four ingredients.
This is a book about vegetables, but not a vegetarian cook book. To deliver appealingly intense flavors, Peterson uses chicken broth, anchovies, prosciutto, or bacon. He also does not skimp on cream or butter when he feels it is right for a dish."
To lower the fat of this recipe...
This recipe is already low in fat and calories, but can be reduced further by using lowfat parmesan cheese and using chicken broth instead of oil.
What's your favorite type of pasta?
Directions on How to Make Veggie Pasta Primavera
Make this easy pasta recipe in a snap!
This recipe doesn't take long to make. If you have around 25 minutes to spare, you can have this recipe on the table.
1. In a large skillet, saute the olive oil and garlic for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add the vegetables to the skillet and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
3. Add the basil, black pepper, and parmesan cheese to the mixture of vegetables. Cook on medium until the sauce starts to thicken. Add additional cheese to thicken the sauce if desired, or add one teaspoon of heavy cream, simmering slowly.
4. Add the pasta to the vegetable mixture. Heat on low, and stir to combine. Top with additional grated cheese if desired. Serve immediately.
Try out other vegetables in this recipe like diced eggplant, broccoli, carrots, and asparagus for more variety! You can also add meats like chicken, sausage, or shrimp.
Another Version of Pasta Primavera with Spring Vegetables - Watch this video for an alternate recipe!
This video will give you a failproof step by step visual of how to make a similar recipe.
The finished product: vegetable pasta primavera!
Be a little bit healthier by growing your pesticide free backyard garden! You'll have fresh produce on hand whenever you need it, and will save substantial money. Ebay has some excellent choices for heirloom vegetable seeds of all varieties.