Honey Ginger Cookies Recipe
I wanted to make cookies, but I realized I didn’t have any eggs. So I thought I would experiment with honey and oil. These honey ginger cookies are very tasty and soft with a lot of strong ginger flavor; they’re very much like little delicious gingerbread men, but without eggs or any butter. They are my take on German honey cookies. The best way to make this recipe is with a mixing bowl and a plastic/silicone spatula; just folds the ingredients together—it saves on the cleanup. Also, when measuring out the honey, spray the measuring cup with butter-flavored cooking spray—the honey just slides out. This is an easy recipe for anytime you want gingerbread cookies, and especially when it’s time to make holiday cookies.
1 cup honey
3 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground ginger
½ cup sugar
2 cups All-Purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Mix the honey and oil in a mixing bowling with a silicone nonstick spatula.
3. Add sugar, vanilla, and ginger.
4. Mix together.
5. Sift baking soda, powder and flour.
6. Add flour mixture to the honey and oil mixture.
7. Fold together until fully incorporated.
8. Spread dough evenly into a greased 8x8 inches baking pan.
9. Bake for 25 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and allow the large cookie to cool.
11. Cut into squares and serve plain.
12. Top with a lemon glaze (1/4 cup powdered sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice), plain icing (1/4 cup powdered sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons of milk) or just dust with powered sugar.
Other Cookie Recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips. They're more healthy than plain cookies and taste great. Enjoy!
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies or ...
This is my recipe for whole wheat peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
- Easy Homemade M&M Almond Cookie Bars Recipe
Here's a recipe for M&M Almond Cookie Bars. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream. Enjoy!
- Homemade Sugar Cookies and Frosting Recipe
Here is a recipe for sugar cookies and frosting. Enjoy!
- Homemade Chewy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies Re...
Here's a recipe for chewy whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!