Hot Holiday Punch
Hot Drink for Cold Nights
I love to entertain during the winter months. I have several parties in the month of December and then we usually have a Super Bowl party in January. These cold winter night parties call for some hot drinks and I have experimented with several different ones over the years.
The "Hot Holiday Punch" in this lens is one that has been very popular with my guests. It has just the right blend of juices and spices and is great with or without alcohol.
If you prefer a cold drink, I've also added a festive holiday martini !
Happy Party Time
photo by Mary Beth Granger
Hot Punch Recipe
This punch is wonderful for parties on those cold winter nights. It is good by itself and even better with a bit of rum. I adapted this recipe from one I found at our local supermarket.
After the punch is heated I put the crockpot on warm.
- 1 jar (48 oz) cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 can (46 oz) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- one orange cut into slices
- Combine all ingredients in large crockpot and heat.
- Here is a recipe card for the punch.
- Hot Holiday Punch Recipe by mbgphoto
Add Rum to Punch
Let your guests have the option of adding rum to their cup of punch. I put this sign next to a decanter filled with rum.
Mugs for Hot Drinks - holiday punch
These mugs would be perfect to serve your Hot Holiday Punch
Large Crock Pot
Here is the crock pot I used for my punch. I find it comes in handy for parties.
Red Ladle - holiday red ladle
This red ladle is perfect to serve your hot punch.
Amaretto-Cranberry Kiss - holiday martini
This is a very festive looking martini. It was a big hit at my last party I adapted this recipe from one I found in our local newspaper.
Note: I just made myself one of these drinks in order to take a photo for this lens. I used just the cranberry juice and amaretto and it was delicious!
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup amaretto
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Mix cranberry juice, vodka, amaretto and orange juice in a pitcher. Cover and chill until ready to serve. (I made it several hours before the party.
- When ready to serve pour the drink into a martini glass. You can garnish it with a slice of orange if desired.
Holiday Martini Glasses
Here are some great glasses to serve your Ameretto-Cranberry Kiss. I love festive glasses for the holidays.