Hot Dogs for Breakfast- A Taste Treat
Hot Dog, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
This idea of Hot Dogs for Breakfast comes by way of trying to figure out how to use a lot of leftover hot dogs. Have you ever had a family bbq or children's birthday party and realized after it was too late that you cooked way too many hot dogs? I found that this is a perfect situation to make Hot Dog, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches for breakfast.
When you think of it, using hot dogs is not much different than putting sausage or bacon on a sandwich and the grilled hot dogs add a lot of flavor. Make this sandwich your own by using your favorite type of bread, cheese and tasty additions.
Serves: Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 leftover hot dog, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast bread and spread one side with mayonnaise.
- Lay cheese slice over mayo.
- Meanwhile prepare a small pan with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Fry egg, breaking yolk in pan, add hot dog slices.
- Cook until egg is desired consistency and hot dog is heated through.
- Place egg and hot dog on top of cheese.
- Top with other bread slice, flip over and cut in half.
An easy way to make hot dog breakfast sandwiches and more.