Healthy Diets: How Many Calories In Fruit
How Is Fruit Good For You?
Eating fruit is a not only a tasty alternative to high calorie food but it is healthy for you. Fruit has beneficial fiber and nutrients that keeps your body healthy. Fruit is a natural food that is fat-free and if you eat it you will feel better. Here are some other benefits to eating fruit:
- It is easy to prepare.
- Fruit contains mostly water.
- It is easy to digest.
- Natural food that is not processed by human.
- Contains a lot of fiber.
- Fruit is the best source for vitamins.
- Fruit has plenty of natural sugars.
- It can help you stay on a diet.
Fruit is reasonably priced and is a great value for your food dollar.
Just How Many Calories In Fruit Are There?
A calorie is a measure of the amount of energy in food. Fruit has calories. The following is a list of common fruit with the amount of calories in them.
Apple - 1 medium apple contains 80 calories.
Banana - 1 medium banana contains 100 calories.
Blueberries - 1 cup of blueberries contains 80 calories.
Cantaloupes - 1 cup contains 50 calories.
Cherries - 1 cup cherries contains 75 calories.
Grapefruit - 1/2 grapefruit contains 40 calories.
Grapes - 1 cup of grapes contains 60 calories.
Kiwi - 1 medium kiwi contains 50 calories.
Nectarine - 1 medium nectarine contains 70 calories.
Orange - 1 medium orange contains 70 calories.
Peach - 1 medium peach contains 40 calories.
Pear - 1 medium pear contains 100 calories.
Pineapple - 1 cup pineapple contains 80 calories.
Plum - 1 small plum contains 30 calories.
Raspberries - 1 cup of raspberries contains 60 calories.
Strawberries - 1 cup strawberries contains 50 calories.
Watermelon - 1 cup watermelon contains 50 calories.
How Can I Eat More Fruit?
It is recommended that you have 2-4 servings of fruit each day. Here are some tips to get more fruit in your diet:
- When you want a dessert, eat a piece of fruit.
- Add a piece of fruit to your breakfast meal each day.
- Make a fruit salad and eat it as a meal.
- Add a piece of fruit to your brown bag lunch.
- Carry a piece of fruit with you as a high energy snack.
- Make a fruit smoothie by blending fruit and ice in a blender.
- Eat frozen grapes for a refreshing snack.