Why I Love Cook Books
Why I Love Reading Cook Books
If there is a book that will never fail to catch my attention when I am in a bookstore, that will be none other than a cook book. I am not a good cook, but there is something with cook books which make me cherish my time reading on them. If you are a cook book fan like me, you'll definitely relate to this list. So next time your husband asks you why spend on that nice looking cook book, you'll have a bunch of good reasons to tell him:-)
1. Because I enjoy learning about food! Who shouldn't? One of the main reasons why I live is because of what I eat everyday so might as well learn about the things I take in everyday.
2. Because I enjoy thinking of the possibilities when I am able to create these good looking food. When I imagine my kids smiling when they take a bite of those delicious cookies. Just the thought of cooking them and being able to serve them to my loved ones is enough to make me happy
3. Because I enjoy the pictures and appreciate how these amazing cook book writers prepare the food on their photos. I just love to look at those yummy steak and pastas and my mouth waters as I flip the pages.
There is no sincerer love than the love of food. --- George Bernard Shaw
Great Cookbooks from Amazon - These are amazing cookbooks that I really want to have:-)
Healthy Soups Cook Books
Healthy soups cook books are a must for moms like me. I am always after my family's good health so even if I admit that I have always succumbed to the temptation of ordering in fast food restaurants, healthy soups for me are the easiest type of food to provide health for my kids and my husband.
Thanks to a number of cook books teaching me the ins and outs of making healthy soups, hot or cold, I was able to prepare some of my kids favorites.
1. Potato Soup With Bacon - ( a bit unhealthy because of the bacon, but sometimes I replace it with lean pork and it still tastes amazing)
2. Tomato Soup with Basil - my husband's favorite
3. Miso Soup - We usually order miso soup on Japanese restaurants but fortunately I learned that it's so easy to cook. Some of the cook books I have taught how to make my unique version of Miso Soup.
Amazing Hot Soups Cook Books from Amazon - You Should Try These!
Healthy soups are very easy to prepare when you have this guide.
The latest Bible of Soups! Perfect for chefs and mom-chefs to be!
Cookbook for Chicken Recipes
The Easiest Meal To Cook With Chicken
Chicken is not always healthier to cook as compared from pork but with the right recipes from a good cookbook, I am able to create simple meals for my family using the most available meat in the grocery, chicken!
My kids love fried chicken and they can live for a month with chicken every day. Cookbook for chicken recipes always save my day. My favorite chicken recipe which is delicious and easy to prepare is my famous chicken "adobo" - chicken marinated in soy sauce, vinegar and lots of garlic.
The simplest recipe for adobo for a family of 4:
1/2 kg chicken, I usually choose legs/thigh/breast
4 tsp soy sauce
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup water
2 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp whole peppercorns (give about 3 per piece of thigh)
2 tsp vinegar
Combine soysauce and garlic. Soak chicken on this marinate overnight or if not for at least 2 hours.
Get the chicken pieces out of the marinade and fry until brown. Set aside.
Get the marinade, put the vinegar and water. Bring to a low boil and put back the fried chicken pieces. Simmer on low heat until tender.
Serve hot with fresh tomatoes on the side.
Cook Book On Cake Recipes
No Bake Cake Recipes
I love no cook books which teach no bake cake recipes. As of now, I am still saving for my first oven and so I have to make do when I want to make a cake for my family. No bake cake recipes from a good cake cook book is always very handy.
The easiest no bake cake I always make is a mango graham cake. Let me share it with you.
1 Pack Graham cookies (flat biscuits, honey flavor)
2 pieces ripe mangoes
1 box of Nestle all purpose cream
1 small sized condensed cream
Mash ripe mangoes (I don't want pureed, it will be better to have chunks of mangoes inside the cake)
Mix the all purpose cream and condensed cream in one bowl
a. Put one layer of graham cookie on your cake bowl.
b. Put one dollop of the all purpose cream/condensed cream over the 1st layer of graham cookie.
c. Put one dollop of mashed mangoes.
Repeat a, b, and c until you've used all your ingredients.
Put your layered no bake mango graham cake in the fridge for an hour. Serve cold but not freezing. Yum!
I'll share my photo when I make one again so please stay tune with that:-)
Good Cook Books With Cake Recipes
Vegetarian Recipes Cook Book
A good cook book for me is very helpful when it comes to preparing vegetarian meals. My family is definitely not vegetarian but serving vegetables every meal is one of my goal. It's not that easy you know because you just can't put steamed vegetables over and over again. Good news is that there are a variety of vegetarian meals out there that are definitely nutritious and delicious as well.