- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
how to make a bamboo shoot pickle
When i was still a young boy i used to watch how my mom used to prepare pickle out of soft bamboo shoots. I really loved the pickle she used to prepare though it was a bit more sour than the usual packed pickles but the ingredients she used was very simple and easily available.
How to prepare........
- For the preparation,firstly short tender shoots are selected and cut into small pieces and then it is immersed in water for about 1-2hrs.
- After 1 or 2hrs take it out and mix it with salt as per needed,
- 8-9 dried red chillies,
- grinded 4tbsp mustard seeds,
- few curry leaves,
6-8 garlic pieces and grind it,
- 2 squeezed lime and
- 2 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- The mixture is mixed thoroughly and filled in a clean glass jar and
- then in the jar, warm mustard oil is poured till it is up to the level of the mixture.
- The jar is now closed tightly with the lid and it is basked in the sunlight for about two weeks and then,it is ready to be served...