How to Make a Chocolate Photo Frame
Learn How to Make a Chocolate Photo Frame
Here is How to Make a Chocolate Photo Frame! Just follow the easy directions below to make a beautiful photo frame made out of chocolate! A chocolate photo frame makes great gifts for Valentines Day, Birthday and even makes a nice Christmas gift for a loved one! Make your friends and family a chocolate photo frame.
Find the easy directions below for how to make a chocolate photo frame.
A chocolate photo frame is a fun project to make with children. Just make sure that the chocolate is used to make the frame and not as a dessert!
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows
- 6 cups crunchy rice cereal
- Canned frosting or decorator gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies and/or multi-colored sprinkles
- 1. Take a large saucepan and melt butter over low heat. Add in your marshmallows and stir them until completely melted. Remove that from the heat.
- 2. Now add in the crunchy rice cereal. Stir that until it is well coated.
- 3. Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press the mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan that is coated with cooking spray. Let the mixture cool.
- 4. Trim desired photograph to about 10 x 6-inches. Cut a piece of wax paper to same size as photograph. Place wax paper on center of cereal mixture. Top wax paper with photograph. Decorate edges of cereal mixture with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
- Microwave Directions:
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- Note: For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.