Beef Spring Rolls Recipe With Potatoes and Carrots
Crispy Beef Spring Rolls
Crispy Beef Spring Rolls Recipe
You can use beef, pork or vegetables of any combination you like with spring rolls. It is time consuming rolling them but they are really tasty food to eat as snacks or starters. This is one of the dishes served in any Filipino party. To drain the oil before eating them, stand them on a deep bowl lined with kitchen paper to soak up the oil. Dip them with sweet chilli sauce, it's delicious.
If you haven't got gravy granules you can use beef stock cubes instead as a substitute. If you like to add more vegetables you can add any veg you like.
I have shown in my photos how to make beef spring rolls. It is so easy to make by looking at the pictures. I use sweet chilli sauce for dipping it. Hmmm delicious.
How to make beef spring rolls in photos.
Beef Spring Rolls
Spring Rolls Ingredients
- 4 cups minced beef
- 4 pieces garlic, grated
- 2 pieces carrot, grated finely
- 4 pieces potato, grated finely
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black
- 1 tablespoon beef gravy granules
- 1 egg (beaten), for sealing the roll
- 4 pieces spring onions, cut up
How to make Crispy Beef Spring Rolls
- Gather all ingredients, start by peeling the carrots, potatoes, and garlic then grate all of them finely, separate the grated garlic
- Put 1 spoonful of vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan, add the garlic, stir then add the minced beef, stir again then add the grated carrots, grated potatoes, black pepper, salt, beef gravy granules then stir for 5 minutes. Taste if it has good flavour or not then you can add more salt or gravy granules if needed.
- Then set aside to cool down, prepare the spring roll wrappers(you can buy these wrappers from Chinese or Oriental shops) and beat one egg to use to seal your spring roll. The wrappers are usually stored in the freezer so make sure you put it out in the fridge the day before you make spring roll.
- Take a clean dishcloth and damp it with hot water, wring the water out of it, put the wrappers on it and cover wrappers while you are doing the wrapping so that the wrappers will separate easily that's the idea behind this.
- Then take one or two tablespoon of the beef mixture and start wrapping. It's up to you to decide how big or small your spring rolls to be. For me, I prefer small ones so I use small spring roll wrappers. But you can also use big wrappers.
- Here's how to wrap, take a plate, put a wrapper on it, one of the four corners pointing towards you, put 1 or two tablespoonful of the beef mixture on the corner of the wrapper towards you then fold towards the middle, take the left corner of the wrapper and fold towards the middle and do the same to the right corner then roll towards your opposite corner of the wrapper, before you reach the other end, seal it with the beaten egg. Now you have a spring roll. This is my favourite stage aside from the eating bit.
- Put the rest of the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan and make sure the oil is hot before putting the spring roll in to avoid it sticking in the pan. You can put 6 or 8 spring rolls at a time. When it is brown, take it out, but make sure you don't make it too brown. At this point you lower the heat a little bit so the spring rolls won't get burnt. Enjoy your crispy rolls.