- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Beef Spring Rolls Recipe With Potatoes and Carrots
Crispy Beef Spring Rolls
Crispy Minced Beef Spring Roll with Carrots and Potatoes
With this recipe, I used minced beef, carrots and potatoes as my main ingredients. You can use beef, pork or vegetables of any combination you like with spring rolls. It is time consuming rolling them but they are really tasty food to eat as snacks or starters. This is one of the many dishes served in any Filipino party.
It is also called "Lumpia" in Tagalog. It is one of our traditional food in the Philippines. Sometimes you can also just use any combination of vegetables that you like. You don't have to use beef or pork at all. But if you are like me, I like both meat and vegetables. So I make vegetable spring rolls too. I just want to experiment and use different vegetable combinations sometimes without the meat because I love eating vegetable spring rolls as well.
If you haven't got gravy granules you can use beef stock cubes instead as a substitute. But if you are just using vegetables then you can use the vegetable stock as well.
I have shown in my photos how to make minced beef spring rolls with carrots and potatoes. It is so easy to make by looking at the pictures. I use sweet chilli sauce for dipping it to eat. If you like the hot chilli sauce, you can use that as well. It is very spicy but tasty.
How to make minced beef spring rolls in photos.
Beef Spring Rolls
Spring Rolls Ingredients
- 4 cups minced beef
- 4 pieces garlic, grated
- 2 pieces carrot, grated finely
- 3 pieces potato, grated finely
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon blackpepper
- 1 tablespoon beef gravy granules, or beef stock
- 1 egg (beaten), for sealing the roll
- 4 pieces spring onions, cut up
How to make Crispy Beef Spring Rolls
- Gather all ingredients, start by peeling the carrots, potatoes, and garlic then grate all of them finely, separate the grated garlic
- Put 1 spoonful of vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan, add the garlic, stir then add the minced beef, stir again then add the grated carrots, grated potatoes, black pepper, salt, beef gravy granules then stir for 5 minutes. Taste if it has good flavour or not then you can add more salt or gravy granules if needed.
- Then set aside to cool down, prepare the spring roll wrappers(you can buy these wrappers from Chinese or Oriental shops) and beat one egg to use to seal your spring roll. The wrappers are usually stored in the freezer so make sure you put it out in the fridge the day before you make spring roll.
- Take a clean dishcloth and damp it with hot water, wring the water out of it, put the wrappers on it and cover wrappers while you are doing the wrapping so that the wrappers will separate easily that's the idea behind this.
- Then take one or two tablespoon of the beef mixture and start wrapping. It's up to you to decide how big or small your spring rolls to be. For me, I prefer small ones so I use small spring roll wrappers. But you can also use big wrappers.
- Here's how to wrap, take a plate, put a wrapper on it, one of the four corners pointing towards you, put 1 or two tablespoonful of the beef mixture on the corner of the wrapper towards you then fold towards the middle, take the left corner of the wrapper and fold towards the middle and do the same to the right corner then roll towards your opposite corner of the wrapper, before you reach the other end, seal it with the beaten egg. Now you have a spring roll. This is my favourite stage aside from the eating bit.
- Put the rest of the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan and make sure the oil is hot before putting the spring roll in to avoid it sticking in the pan. You can put 6 or 8 spring rolls at a time. When it is brown, take it out, but make sure you don't make it too brown. At this point you lower the heat a little bit so the spring rolls won't get burnt. Enjoy your crispy rolls.
Spring roll with beef, potatoes and carrots
- How to Grow Peas or Mangetout and Some Sample Recipes
Growing peas or mangetout is as easy as growing climbing beans. It is easy for me because I have seen my parents grow them since I was a child. But I think even non gardeners can grow them with ease.
Beef Spring roll recipe with potatoes and carrots
Do you like Beef spring rolls?
© 2013 Linda Bryen