- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
How to Make Green Chili Cheese Sticks in Seven Easy Steps
Green Chilies + Cheese = One Explosive (and Delectable) Dynamite
During the past few days, I have read tons of recipe hubs that pop out my wall. I love food and I love to munch on them but reading some of these hubs made me a little disappointed. Especially when I click the link and it leads me to a page that contains an image from Google and a typical recipe that I can get from cookbooks and random cooking site.
Indeed, writing a recipe hub is easy. But, I think, we should not take advantage of such and stop being creative in how we can present our little offering. So, allow me to entertain you by writing something about my latest favorite. I just saw this in a certain quickie cook show on TV and even tried it in some weekly food bazaars. Since the ingredients are pretty simple and totally cheap, I tried to make my own version. Ladies and gentlemen, here is the sumptuous fusion of Asian and Mexican flavors rolled in the form of Green Chili Cheese sticks or Dynamite.
Do not worry, not all chilies are actually spicy. The green chilies that most Filipinos are using for some cuisines like Sinigang (Stew in tamarind broth), DInuguan (pork blood stew) and Sisig have a mild spicy taste that your taste buds can tolerate.
- Green Chilies
- Cheese (Sliced in Sticks)
- Lumpia Wrapper (Spring Roll Wrapper)
- Oil (for frying)
- Honey Mustard (for dipping)
- You can have it with or without the meat/cold cuts.
- Removing the white part and the seeds will lessen the spicy taste. This is where the strong spicy flavor comes from.
- You can dip it in salsa, honey mustard, mayo garlic or any kinds of sweet dips.
This green chili cheese stick is easy to make. Not to mention, it’s cheap. You can have it for parties with your friends and it can also be an ideal partner for beer. Truly, every bite of this unique and easy to cook recipe is heavenly. Thus, if you plan to have some DVD marathon with friends or a family weekend bonding at home and you just want to a kick of western flavor infused with the savory taste of far east, just tick the print button and you’re good to go.
- Step One. Wash green chilies, slit it in the middle and remove seeds and the white part and set aside.
- Step Two. Slice a block of cheese into sticks and set aside. Thickness of the cheese may depend on your preference.
- Step Three. Slice sweet ham into strips.
- Step Four. Get your green chilies, cheese and ham and assemble. Place a strip of ham inside the chili followed with a stick of thick cheese.
- Step Five. Wrap the chilies with lumpia wrapper (spring roll wrapper) tightly and seal it by dabbing a little amount of water or egg white.
- Step Six. Deep fry your green chili cheese sticks in hot oil until golden brown.
- Step Seven. Drain excess oil let it cool for 2-5 minutes (melted cheese might be really hot).