How To Make Holiday Reindeer Nose Candies
One of the greatest byproducts of the holidays are the amazing recipes and treats that come out of the woodwork from everyone you know - family, friends, colleagues, neighbors. This recipe for Reindeer Noses is an unbelievably easy recipe that will be sure to please your guests with very little effort on your part. They are quick and easy enough that you can make them a few hours before heading out to a party and have a great hosting gift to present. They are also small enough that you can indulge without feeling like you've consumed 1,000 calories. Enjoy!All photos © gardenharbor
Ingredients and Tools
You won't need too many ingredients and tools for this recipe and everything can be found at your local grocery store.
- 1 bag of bite-size square pretzels
- 1 bag of hershey kisses
- 1 bag of Christmas colored M&Ms
How to Make Holiday Reindeer Nose Candies - Perfect for serving to guests or using in a holiday gift basket.
After you've made these Reindeer Noses once, I guarantee they will be a regular holiday staple in your house. Not only are they addictive little treats, but they are also extremely simple and quick to make.
Time required: 15 minutes
- 1 Bag of Small Square Pretzel Snaps1 Bag of Hershey Kisses1 Bag of Red and Green Plain M&Ms
- Baking SheetOven
1. Preheat oven to 265 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, place pretzels snaps flat so that none are overlapping.
3. Unwrap and place one hershey kiss in the center of each pretzel snap.
4. Place baking sheet in oven for 4 minutes.
5. Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately press one M&M into the top of each hershey kiss.
Tips and Tricks...
1. You know the hershey kisses are done baking in the oven when they begin to sweat...but make sure they don't brown! If the tips begin to brown, you've waited too long.2. Unwrapping the hershey kisses can be one of the most time consuming aspects of this recipe, so try to involve the family! It is a great job for kids or spouses to have.3. For a really authentic look, make sure the "M" of the M&Ms is facing down on the candies. Then they are a solid red or green.
If you're looking for a cost-effective way to present your Reindeer Noses as a gift, try putting a hand full in a ziplock bag then cut the top zipper part off. Then use a cute ribbon or string to tie the bag together. You can also fold a piece of cardboard or paper and tie to the bag as a little note card.
Have a little left in your budget for some really cute holiday containers?
These containers and bags are a great way to turn your holiday treat into a thoughtful (and delicious!) gift.
These goodie containers are perfect for reindeer noses and are also reusable, which your gift recipient might love.