How to Make Hot Apple Cider
Drink hot apple cider and warm your soul
Hot apple cider or mulled cider is a delicious traditional cold weather drink. It's my favorite drink during autumn and winter although autumn is my favorite season as I look forward to the cool and crisp air replacing the heat and humidity of summer.
I love the scents of apples and cinnamon. You could create them in your home by baking a pie or buying candles but my favorite way is by making hot apple cider.
Whether you are enjoying a cozy evening by the fire or throwing a holiday get together, hot mulled cider warms your body and soul every time. This drink is really simple to make even from scratch, so it's a great way to warm the heart of a large group.
Let's make some this holiday season (which for me begins in October with Halloween)!
Hot apple cider instructions
Recipe for the best hot mulled cider
Hot apple cider ingredients
1 Gallon fresh cider
1 tsp whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tsp whole allspice
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 square of cheesecloth
large stock pot
1. Pour one gallon of fresh cider into a large pot on the stove or into a crockpot or slow cooker.
2. Add a half cup of brown sugar.
3. Place 1 teaspoon of whole cloves, 1 teaspoon of whole allspice, and 3 cinnamon sticks on a square of cheesecloth and tie up. Add to the pot.
4. Heat the cider to a boil, stirring regularly. Leave the pot uncovered so that you and your family or guests can enjoy the warm, delicious aroma.
5. Once the cider boils, lower the setting to simmer for at least another 15 minutes to allow for thorough infusion of the spices. Stir occasionally.
6. Remove the spices from the pot and ladle hot mulled cider into mugs or other glasses designed for hot beverages.
Get this Copper Fusion Stock Pot - and make your delicious hot mulled cider today!
This 7 quart stock/stew pot is ideal for sauces, stews, and of course... hot apple cider! Its straight, deep sides, seamless interior surface and snug-fitting lid allow for slow, moist cooking, and the tempered-glass lid makes it easy to keep an eye on your favorite soup. Perfect for all stove types, including magnetic induction. It's safe to use with all utensils, including metal. All Copper Fusion pieces can conveniently go from stovetop to table, and then directly into the refrigerator or freezer. It's also dishwasher safe. Made in Germany.
*Features the most stick-resistant surface without any type of chemical or nonstick coating.
*No metal transfer or interaction with foods
*Safe for food storage
*Nickel-free surface is perfect for allergy sufferers
1. If you don't have cheesecloth, use a coffee filter to hold the spices.
2. Add a splash of rum or brandy.
3. For a decorative touch, stud an apple with cloves and let it float in your cider pot instead of adding cloves to your spice bag.
Did you know...
Apple cider is the official state beverage of New Hampshire.
If you want to make your hot apple cider completely from scratch... - get one of these fine juicers
Antique apple cider press