- Food and Cooking
how to make mine craft creeper cake pops
For all you mine craft fans out there
ever wondered what creepers taste like when they don't explode? Cake as it turns out!
Lately I've been trying to think of more unusual cake pops to try and make, and one since Mine craft is a game all about cubes, so I figured, why not make a cube shaped mine craft cake pop?
These ones are a tiiiiny bit more labor intensive, since there is a face to be drawn, but in the end they turn out super cute, and all my minecraft friends love them :)
baking supplies from amazon
- 1 icing bag with a writing tip
- lollipop sticks
- 1 large bowl for mixing
- 1 bowl for melting chocolate
- sheet pan lined with parchment paper
- 1 block of styrofoam
- 1 cake prepared from box (any flavor)
- 2 containers of frosting
- 1 bag green melting chocolate
- black food coloring
- 1) take you're already made cake and crumble it into the large mixing bowl. my preferred way to do this is to cut the cake into sections and rub the pieces together. once crumbled, take one container of icing and mix and mash it into the cake crumbs, until the icing is completely mixed in and there are no dry spots.
- 2) take the tablespoon and spoon out 3 level scoops of cake mixture into your hand. you can add a 4th spoon if you like larger pops. and with your hands form the pop into a cube shape. Then take a knife or spatula, or anything with a flat edge, to smooth the sides if you wish. Set on the parchment lined pan and repeat for all cake pops.
- 3) when all cake pops are shaped, place them in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm them up before dipping.
- 4) after 15 minutes, melt the chocolate in the bowl 15 seconds at a time in the microwave, until liquid. remove cake pops from freezer.
- 5) take a cake pop stick and dip it into the melted chocolate, coating it well, then drive the end of the stick through the center of one of the cubes. let the chocolate set for a few seconds before picking the pop up, then slowly submerge the cake pop completely in the melted chocolate, and slowly remove it, giving the cake pop a few twirls to remove excess liquid. set cake pop in the styrofoam block to dry. repeat for all cake pops.
- 6) take 1/3 to 1/2 of the icing from the other container and put it in a small bowl, stir in the black food coloring. scoop the black icing into the icing bag and begin to draw a face that matches the face in the upper right corner. don't worry about perfection, even something that just generally resembles the face will do nicely! :)
- now wasn't that easy? ^_^