how to make super mario brothers super star cake pops
Looking for some geeky treats?
Then try your hand at making these super mario super star power up cake pops, to power up you`re next party!
they're super easy to do! just as easy as the round cake pops you may already know, all you need is a cookie cutter!
a great treat to make with you're kids too! Anyone who loves games will surly love these.
equipment needed for this recipe:
- 1 icing bag with a writing tip
- loli pop sticks, preferably long ones
- 1 bowl for melting chocolate
- 1 large bowl for mixing
- star shapped cookie cutter, either 1 1/2, or 2 inches across, sprayed with cooking spray
- sheet pan with wax paper lining
- 1 cake prepared from box (any flavor)
- 1 container of vanilla frosting (or 1 container chocolate for chocolate cake)
- 1 bag yellow melting chocolate disks
- black food coloring
- a block of Styrofoam to hold the cake pop sticks
- 1) Prepare your box cake mix according to directions, set aside to cool
- 2) Once cooled, cut the cake into chunks and crumble them into the large mixing bowl, I like to rub the peices together, but you can do it any way you wish, just makes sure the crumbles are small
- 3) Take the container of icing and scoop all but two spoonfuls worth of icing into the crumbles. for the remaining icing in the container, mix in the black food coloring, scoop into the icing bag, and set aside for later.
- 4) scoop the cake mixture onto the lined sheet pan and flatten with spoon or spatula into a rectangle about 1/2 - 3/4 inches thick
- 5) place tray in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- 6) after 1 hour, remove sheet from freezer, set chocolate in bowl and microwave until melted.
- 7) spray the cookie cutter with some cooking spray, and cut out the shapes one by one. For each one you cut out, dip the end of a lollipop stick into the melted chocolate, and drive through the bottom of the star (between two legs of the star) until about halfway through. set aside. if you have plenty of left overs after cutting out the star shapes, then you may allow the left overs to thaw, until you can reshape them into another rectangle, re freeze, then repeat the steps for those ones.
- 8) when all the stars are cut and on lollipop sticks, place them back in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to harden them up again before dipping in the chocolate.
- 9) Remove the pops from the freezer and remelt the chocolate if necessary. begin dipping the star into the chocolate by dipping them straight down into it, and slowly remove them, allowing all the access chocolate to run off, place the pop into the styrofoam to dry.
- 10) Once dried, you can paint the iconic star eyes onto them with the black icing . You can even give them expressions if you like :)
- Now you're all done! See, now wasn't that easy? :D