- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies or Bars
Many peanut butter cookies call for a Hershey’s kiss on top of the cookie. My recipe mixes chocolate chips into the dough. You can use dark, semi-sweet or even milk chocolate chips. Using the wheat flour gives them a great flavor and makes them a little healthier. you can also make them as cookie bars. *See bar instructions after cookie instructions.
2 cups whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup peanut butter
1 sticks (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
¾ cup Brown sugar
¾ cup White sugar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degree f.
2. In a mixing bowl mix wheat flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a standing mixer whip together peanut butter and butter until fluffy.
4. Add white and brown sugar. Mix.
5. Add eggs one at a time. Mix.
6. Add vanilla.
7. Add flour mixture in thirds until all ingredients are well incorporated.
8. Fold in chocolate chips.
9. Using a spoon, scoop out a tablespoon of dough and roll into ball and press down with a fork on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. You get about a dozen on a sheet.
10. Bake for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes.
*12. If you want to make cookie bars, press the cookie dough into a 13x10 greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into bars.
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- My Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracke...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Pie with Homemade Whipped Cre...
I didn't like rhubarb pie until I had it with another fruit added. This is the way I make it with strawberries. Thought I would share it and my homemade whipped cream. Enjoy.
- Three Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
I love making homemade ice cream. I thought I would share some of my personal recipes and see if you like them as much as I do.
- How To Make Homemade Chocolate Bran Muffins
This is my recipe for chocolate whole wheat bran muffins with dark choclate chips. They taste great and better for you than chocolate cupcakes. Enjoy!
- Homemade Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips. They're more healthy than plain cookies and taste great. Enjoy!