I Love Coffee Mate Creamer!
My love affair with Coffee Mate Flavors
I love Coffee-Mate creamer. In fact, I more than just love it. Some might call me a little obsessed.
Drinking it in my coffee is just one of the many ways I use Coffee Mate. I also use it in my every day recipes for a little flavor change (I've included some recipes below). And when the bottle's empty, I find ways to reuse it. I'm even part of a team that exists solely to spread the word about how much we love Coffee Mate!
How do you take your coffee?
Assuming you drink it of course
My Yummy Mug Of Coffee
I never liked coffee until a few years ago. I always thought it tasted too bitter. Then someone convinced me to try Coffee-Mate. I remember I had a smirk on my face as I was stirring the coffee and chocolate creamer together, I just knew I would hate it! But then I took a sip and was pleasantly surprised at the sweet taste. Since that day, I've started every morning out with 2 cups of coffee with a bit of Coffee Mate creamer mixed in. I've mostly stuck with Creamy Chocolate (because I'm a chocoholic) but occasionally I like to try other flavors.
The Many Coffee Mate Flavors
Original Coffee-Mate Flavors
These are just a few of the Coffee Mate flavors that are available year round. I'm partial to the Creamy Chocolate, while my husband can't get enough French Vanilla.
The Cafe Collection lets you experience the rich taste of cafe coffee in your own home. Just imagine all that deliciousness without paying all that money. Is that even legal?
Hazelnut Latte CreamerTASTE
Cafe Mocha CreamerTASTE
Vanilla Latte CreamerTASTE
Caramel Macchiata LatteTASTE
White Choc CaramelTASTE
Natural Bliss Coffee-Mate Flavors
The Natural Bliss flavors are made with all natural ingredients like milk, cream, sugar and natural flavoring.
Natural Bliss CaramelTASTE
Natural Bliss VanillaTASTE
Natural Bliss Sweet CreamTASTE
Seasonal Coffee-Mate Flavors
These flavors are seasonal, so get them while you can! I recently tried the Peppermint Mocha and now when I think of coffee, I imagine candy canes swimming through chocolate!
Cinnamon Sugar CookieTASTE
What's Your Favorite Coffee Mate Flavor?
Do you have a favorite flavor?
Coffee Mate Recipes
This twist on an old classic allows you to add a bit of flavor just by using Coffee Mate instead of milk. Go ahead and try a few varieties.
- 4 slices of french bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup liquid Coffee Mate (any flavor)
- 1/2 tsp powdered Coffee Mate
- 1. Heat up the pan or griddle until a drop of water dances across the surface. Spray pan with cooking spray
- 2. Mix the eggs and liquid Coffee Mate in a bowl
- 3. Dip a piece of french bread in the egg mixture, making sure it's coated on all sides
- 4. Cook both sides until nicely browned.
- 5. When ready to serve, sprinkle powdered Coffee Mate on top.
It's way cheaper to make this hot cocoa in bulk than it is to buy those little packets of hot cocoa. For old fashioned hot chocolate, use Original flavor Coffee Mate. For a holiday touch, you could use Peppermint Mocha or Pumpkin Pie Spice Coffee Mate instead.
- 11 cups powdered milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 ounce container of powdered Coffee Mate Original flavor
- 16 ounce can of cocoa
- 1. Mix all ingredients together.
- 2. Store in an air tight container.
- 3. For gift giving, pour dry mix into a glass jar. Top with marshmallows. Close the jar and tie a ribbon around the lid.
- Use 3-4 Tbs for every cup of hot water (more or less to taste)
Clam Chowder Recipe using Coffee Mate
This clam chowder recipe gets it's perfectly creamy consistency by using both milk and Coffee Mate.
- enough bacon to make 2 Tbs bacon grease
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb diced potato
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Coffee Mate Original flavor
- 2 10 ounce cans of minced clams
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook bacon in a large pan. Remove and set aside, leaving bacon grease pan. Add onions and saute until translucent.
- 2. Add diced potatoes and stir while cooking until the bacon grease coats the potatoes
- 3. Add 1 Tbs flour and stir until coated.
- 4. Pour in the clam juice, stirring constantly until it boils. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- 5. In a separate bowl, mix milk and Coffee Mate
- 6. When potato mixture is done simmering, stir and then add milk mixture and clams
- 7. Continue to heat until chowder is hot, but not boiling. Add salt and pepper to taste
- 8. Crumble the bacon. Top each bowl of soup with 1 Tbs bacon
More Coffee Mate Recipes
- 2 Ingredient Banana Ice Cream
An easy banana ice cream recipe made with liquid chocolate Coffee-Mate.
- CoffeeMate.com recipes
Drink and dessert recipes that include Coffee Mate as one of the ingredients. Find recipes by Coffeemate.com, recipes submitted by users and coffeehouse recipes.
- Coffee Mate recipes - Raleigh Cooking | Examiner.com
If you enjoy using powdered creamer in your coffee, how about baking with it as well?
- Cooks.com - Recipes using Coffee Mate
130+ recipes using Coffee Mate
- Coffee Mate Recipes | ifood.tv
Enjoy special collection of trusted coffee mate recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people trying coffee mate recipes.
Try this with your Coffee Mate!
- Fill ice cube trays with liquid Coffee Mate creamer and freeze them. Then you can add them to your hot or cold drinks. Be creative about mixing and matching flavors. How about an Amaretto Coffee Mate ice cube in your mug of hot chocolate? If you make your own iced coffee, use Coffee Mate ice cubes instead of regular ice cubes for a more flavorful drink.
- The next time you make brownies, skip sprinkling powdered sugar on the top. Instead, sprinkle on a bit of your favorite flavor of Coffee Mate powered creamer.
- Stir some powdered Coffee Mate into your whipped cream to give it a little extra flavor burst.
- For a tasty snack, try dipping pieces of fruit into some powdered Coffee Mate. Strawberries are delicious with a bit of Creamy Chocolate Coffee Mate. Try an orange slice dipped in French Vanilla. Or an apple slice dipped in Natural Bliss Caramel.
- Try dipping your Oreos in a glass of Coffee Mate instead of milk.
How I ReUse the Empty Coffee Mate Bottles
When you get done with your bottle of powdered Coffee Mate, don't just throw it away. There's so many things you can use it for.
- Add your pancake batter ingredients, close the lid, shake until mixed and then pour batter straight onto the skillet.
- Use as a snack container for your toddler. They're perfect for Cheerios!
- Fill it with granulated sugar for a countertop dispenser
- Use them to sort and store screws and nails
- Use as a change jar
- Fill them with hair ribbons, bows, and rubber bands
- Fill with small dog treats for trips to the park.
- When you're sick, put your used tissues in a Coffee Mate bottle to prevent garbage overflow. You'll be surprised at how many will fit!
- If you have a largish purse (like me) keep the empty bottle in your purse. Then you'll have somewhere to throw away all the little garbage like gum wrappers and receipts that seem to pile up.
Photos and text; Â© 2012-2013 Catherine Taylor. All Rights Reserved*
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.