- Food and Cooking
Favorite Iced Tea Recipes
Recipes for Making Iced Tea
One of my all-time favorite drinks is iced tea (ice tea) and I enjoy putting together new iced tea recipes to share with family and friends. Homemade iced tea is delicious, refreshing and VERY easy to make. I make fresh iced tea everyday and enjoy it year round.
This collection of ice tea recipes includes a basic recipe. This is one of my favorites, which is crisp and delicious. There are also variations from the basic recipe which add some exciting and exotic flavors.
Combine these terrific recipes with accessories, serving ideas, brewing tips and you have everything you need to make a refreshing glass of iced tea.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Creative Commons
Tea Bags for Iced Tea - When making iced tea everyday it pays to buy quality tea bags in bulk
Homemade Iced Tea Recipe
This is the basic recipe
-4 cups cold water
-6 Tea Bags
Use your favorite brand, regular or decaf
-Juice from half a lemon
(directions to follow)
Always use fresh, cold water
for the best iced tea!
Iced Tea Directions
Bring water to a boil and remove from heat.
Add tea bags and let steep until cool.
Remove tea bags and pour tea into a 2 quart pitcher and fill remainder with cold water.
Add lemon juice and sugar or sweetener, if desired.
Fill glasses with ice and iced tea.
Variations for Basic Iced Tea - Try these fun additions....
- Mango Tea- Add 2 cups of mango juice to cooled tea
- Passion Fruit Tea- Add 1/2 cup passion fruit concentrate to cooled tea
- Cinnamon Tea- Add one cinnamon stick to boiling water with tea bags
- Lime Tea- Add the juice of two limes in place of the lemon juice
- Lemonade Tea- Add 1 cup frozen lemonade concentrate to cooled tea
Tea bags should be kept cool and dry
in an airtight container.
Pretty Iced Tea Glasses - My favorites from Amazon
Homemade Peach Tea
Note: 2 cups canned peaches may be used in place of fresh peaches.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: 8
- 4 cups cold water
- 6 tea bags
- 2 peaches peeled and pitted peaches
- 3/4 cups sugar or equivalent substitute
- 1/2 cup water
Rate This Recipe
- Boil water and remove from heat.
- Add tea bags. Let steep until cool.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add cooled tea and peach mixture to a 2 quart pitcher.
- Add more water to fill pitcher. Serve tea over ice.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 5 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yields: 1
Coconut Iced Tea- A Fun Tea!
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup brewed tea
- 2 tsp. sugar or to taste
- In a tall glass add coconut milk and sugar over ice.
- Stir to combine.
- Carefully pour in tea and serve.
Add a splash of lemon-lime soda to
your tea for a "bubbly" treat!
Iced Mint Tea with Fruit Juices
Automatically Brew Your Tea!
Hamilton Beach 2 Quart Electric Iced Tea Maker - Make perfect iced tea and chill instantly with this electric easy to use iced tea maker!
Great reviews and Free Shipping!