Curve your salty cheese cravings with these imitation doritos
If your like me and want to eat healthy as often as you can so you can save the bad days for special holidays, then this is a great recipe for you. I absolutely love nacho cheese Doritos. I find myself craving them on a regular basis if I haven't had a lot of carbs during the day.
For a healthy and almost too good to be true snack idea that requires no deep fryer, try these Imitation Doritos. This is one of the best healthy snacks at curbing those salty cheesy cravings.
I will admit that the recipe requires more work than some of the other recipes I have shared. But if you like doritos and are wanting a healthy alternative. Give these a try.
1. 3 cups sunflower seeds ( sprouted )
2. 4 cups corn
3. 1/2 cup coconut aminos ( I recommend either Bragg's or Nama Shoyu )
4. 1/2 cup orange juice with pulp, or barley water
5. 1/8 cup onion powder
6. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
7. 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
8. 2 tablespoons chili powder
9. 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (not raw)
Curve Your Cravings With Great Recipes
Cooking Time: 22-25 hrs
1. In a food processor, blend throughly together the following ingredients:
- sunflower seeds
- onion powder
- garlic powder.
2. Spread the mixture on dehydrator sheets covered with parchment paper. Cut the spreadout mixture into desired shapes and dehydrate at 104 degrees F for 22-25 hours until nice and crispy.
3. Flip chips halfway through the dehydration process and sprinkle them with following:
- taco seasoning
- chili powder
- nutritional yeast.
Ingredients All In One PLace In-case Your Local Grocery Didn't Have Them
Other Articles Written By The Author
Best Barefoot Running Shoes Review
I have been training for a marathon, and I have to say that I have gone through several brands and models of barefoot running shoes. I started wearing barefo...
As more and more runners are taking up the rising trend of barefoot running. Many more would join this crowd if it weren't for the fact that most of us don't...
Surge Workouts or Quick Tempo Training Schedule
The main idea for quick tempo / surge workouts is to increase speed as you may already have guessed. You do this by building-up your fast twitch muscle fiber...
What to look for in barefoot trail running shoes
Does the barefoot trail running shoe have a flat sole? A flat sole is a key component of barefoot running shoes. The heel to toe drop, is the difference in ...
Piriformis Muscle - The Root Cause of Your Low Back Pain and Hip Pain
I will explain the importance the piriformis muscle, common places of trigger points / fascial adhesions, and effective ways to treat an overacctive piriform...
Gluten Good or Bad?
After eating my typically 4th of July grilled meat smorgasbord with fruit, and the over abundance of carb high dishes. I want to write a post about a book ...