- Food and Cooking
Very Berry Triple Berry Pie
Pies that are bursting with fresh fruit are my favorite kind of pies. There is something about delicious fruit baked in a pie crust that sets my mouth watering. This recipe for Very Berry Triple Berry Pie features a combo of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I named this recipe "very berry" because the trio of fruit flavors is just that, very berry.
Tip: Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 pkg refrig. pie crust or your own recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbls cornstarch
- 2 cups strawberries quartered
- 1 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- 1 egg beaten
- sparkling sugar or coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place 1 pie crust in pie plate.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Add fruit and lemon juice and mix well.
- Put fruit mixture into pie plate. Cover with 2nd pie crust and seal edges.
- Using a knife, make several cuts in top crust. Brush top with beaten egg.
- Top with sparkling sugar.
- Cover pie with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until crust is brown.
- Let pie set for at least an hour before serving.