Indian No Onion No Garlic Recipes
Delicious No Onion No Garlic Indian Recipes
On the days of the Puja (Indian Rituals, Religious Festivals and Worships) there are various restrictions that includes whether or not you can eat, if you can eat, what you can eat and what not. This varies in different regions of India and sometimes specific to a household or family tradition. But in general, most of us consider having vegetarian food during Puja or specially if there is a Puja at home. This calls for recipes that are 100% or completely veg - In most households, not even onions or garlic. In most families even rice is not allowed. Sometimes the choice becomes so limited that you spend time just thinking about what to cook. The remaining options are generally not "tasty" enough and just bland. Here's a quick list of items for a complete 3 course dinner or lunch that uses completely vegetarian recipe and yet tastes delicious.
Besides restrictions, there are many who just prefer to food without Onions and Garlic. This page is dedicated to them.
Get Indian No Onion No Garlic Recipes from all over the Internet here
Prepare, Serve, Enjoy!
This page is a compilation of delicious Indian Recipes that are prepared without any addition of Onions and Garlic as ingredients. Enjoy tasty Onion Free and Garlic Free Indian Recipes
Did you know? - Why don't you eat garlic and onions?
- According to Ayurveda, India's classic medical science, foods are grouped into three categories - sattvic, rajasic and tamasic - foods in the modes of goodness, passion and ignorance. Onions and garlic, and the other alliaceous plants are classified as rajasic and tamasic, which means that they increase passion and ignorance.
- Homeopathic medicine comes to the same conclusion when it recognizes that red onion produces a dry cough, watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose and other familiar cold-related symptoms when consumed.
- Reiki practitioners explain that garlic and onions are among the first substances to be expelled from a person’s system – along with tobacco, alcohol and pharmaceutical medications. This makes it apparent that alliaceous plants have a negative effect on the human body and should be avoided for health reasons.
- Nor is garlic always seen as having entirely beneficial properties in Western cooking and medicine. It is widely accepted among health care professionals that, as well as killing harmful bacteria, garlic also destroys beneficial bacteria, which are essential to the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Tsang-Tsze said that these pungent vegetables contain five different kinds of enzymes which cause "reactions of repulsive breath, extra-foul odour from perspiration and bowel movements, and lead to lewd indulgences, enhance agitations, anxieties and aggressiveness," especially when eaten raw.
- The Taoists realized thousands of years ago that plants of the alliaceous family were detrimental to humans in their healthy state. In his writings, one sage Tsang-Tsze described the Alliums as the "five fragrant or spicy scented vegetables" - that each have a detrimental effect on one of the following five organs - liver, spleen, lungs, kidneys, and heart. Specifically, onions are harmful to the lungs, garlic to the heart, leeks to the spleen, chives to the liver and spring onions to the kidneys.
Indian No Onion No Garlic Recipes Photo Gallery - from Sudipta Shaw's Photography (Recipes below)Click thumbnail to view full-size
Side Dishes: List of Indian No Onion No Garlic Recipes - from Kanchan's Kitchen
Personally Home Cooked Indian Recipes
- Datha with Sarso (Mustard) Recipe
Datha with Sarso (Mustard) is another version of datha (also called sojne datha in Bengali) preparation using mustard seeds (sarso). The addition of mustard creates a "hot" taste in this unique dish. The Datha with Sarso (Mustard) Recipe does take so
- Kheera ki Sabji (Cucumber Curry) Recipe
Kheera ki Sabji (Cucumber Curry) is a unique vegetarian recipe using cucumber (Kheera) as main ingredient. This dish is simple to prepare with not many ingredients needed. This is a dry recipe and hence requires dal when served with rice. The Kheera
- Lauki ki sabji with sarso (Mustard) Recipe
Lauki ki sabji with sarso (mustard) is a great combination of bottle gourd (known as various names like kaddu, lau, calabash) and mustard seeds. Lauki itself doesn't have much perceivable taste. But when added with mustard seed, the preparation does
- Stuffed Capsicum (Vegetarian) Recipe
Stuffed Capsicum is a great vegetarian recipe with stuffing consisting of a whole lot ingredients to make this dish an awesome side dish. The looks of this dish is a treat in itself. Although the list of ingredients might require a trip to the grocer
- Lauki ki sabji with chana dal recipe
Lauki (Lau/kaddu) ki sabji with chana dal is a very simple recipe for an everyday dish. This is a very healthy side dish ideal with rice and dal. Of course this can also be served with roti. The ingredient list is small and the Lauki (Lau/kaddu) ki s
- Parwal (Potol) Posto Ki Sabji Recipe
Parwal Posto Ki Sabji is a great combination (actually the presence of posto makes this recipe great) that can be prepared using parwal (potol). Not everyone likes parwal (potol), but this Parwal (Potol) Posto Ki Sabji Recipe will be loved by most. T
- Karela Baigun Ki Sabji With Coconut Recipe
Karela Baigun Ki Sabji With Coconut is a bit uncommon dish using a combination of karela, baigan (brinjal/eggplant) and coconut. The karela adds a unique bitter taste. This preparation is a dry one and hence ideal with roti/chappati or with rice and
- Aloo Baigun Curry Recipe
Aloo Baigun Curry is a simple everyday curry recipe with baigan (Eggplant/Brinjal) and aloo (potato). This dish can be prepared in between other specialty items or rich curries. The Aloo Baigun Curry Recipe is simple and easy to prepare, although it
- Datha Posto (sojne data with poppy seeds) Recipe
Datha Posto (sojne data with poppy seeds) is a classy preparation of datha (called sojne data in Bengali) with poppy seeds. Its the poppy seeds that make the recipe classy. This is a dry recipe ideal with rice accompanied with dal (or any other curry
- Kohra ka khatta Mitha (Sweet and Sour Pumpkin) Recipe
Kohra ka khatta Mitha (Sweet and Sour Pumpkin) is a great dish prepared using just pumpkin as the main ingredient. The remaining ingredients are common and easily available in everyday kitchen. Hence if you are wondering what to do with "just" pumpki
- Paneer Taka Tak Recipe
Paneer Taka Tak is an awesome sweet/sour/hot recipe which you can prepare pretty quickly and easily. Sounds unbelievable? It's true. The Paneer Taka Tak Recipe is incredibly simple yet delicious. When you are running out of multiple items in your kit
- Baigan Shojne Datha ka Khatta Recipe
Baigan Datha ka Khatta is an interesting recipe making use of baigan (Brinjal or Eggplant) and datha (shojne data in Bengali) with addition of the sour element which is tamarind. Now this recipe has a sour taste which may be loved by most but may not
- Sarso Bhindi (Ladyfinger or okra with Mustard) Recipe
Sarso Bhindi (Ladyfinger or okra with Mustard) is other variations of bhindi preparation (aka okra or lady finger) with secondary ingredient being sarso or mustard seeds. The preparation is fairly simple and quick too. You can also refer to how to m
- Kaddu with Poppy Seeds (Lau Posto Ki Sabji) Recipe
Lau Posto Ki Sabji is a simple dish yet tastes delicious (thanks to posto or poppy seeds). This is a vegetarian dish from East India (Bengal) using kaddu (called lau in Bengali) as main ingredient. Try the Kaddu with Poppy Seeds Recipe when you want
- Paneer with Sarso (Mustard) Recipe
Paneer with Sarso (Mustard) is a super quick and very tasty veg item ideal for a special dish when you are bored with other standard paneer recipes. This is quite unique recipe and does not involve any frying or multitude of spices. This is a microwa
- Moong dal with Papita (Papaya) Recipe
Moong dal with Papita (Papaya) is a different version of the moong dal recipe with added papaya (papita) to make it extra healthy and nutritious. The addition of papaya (papita) also renders a "vegetable" like taste to the dal making it more tasty wi
- Dahi Bhindi Recipe
Dahi Bhindi is a variation of Masala Bhindi (Spicy Lady fingers) but with added yogurt and minus the spices. Thus this recipe is quite healthy and tasty as well. This item is ideal with roti/paratha as main dish. The Dahi Bhindi Recipe is a perfect o
- Aloo Dam 100% Veg style Â» Kanchan's Blog
"This is a quick, dry recipe of potato ideal for days when you cannot have non-veg items. This dish is so tasty that you will find everyone forgetting about the absence of non-veg item and requesting this even on normal days. Note: This dish does not
Main Dishes: List of Indian No Onion No Garlic Recipes - from Kanchan's Kitchen
Personally Home Cooked Indian Recipes
- Mixed Flour Onion Cheela Recipe
Mixed Flour Onion Cheela is another great breakfast recipe or evening snacks dish. Of course you can have this as dinner when served in large quantities. This can also be tasty school lunch item. The preparation of Mixed Flour Onion Cheela Recipe is
- Atta Puri (Salty style) Â» Kanchan's Blog
Puri is a great main dish to complement with other shahi side dishes like mutton kosha, aloo dam or chicken chaap. Preparing puri (with proper puff) is a matter of practice. You need to get an idea about the perfect mix with oil and water and also th
- Green Peas Kachori Â» Kanchan's Blog
Green Peas Kachori is a tasty alternative to normal puri and of course fills up the stomach pretty quick and lasts for quite some time. This is ideal for a heavy yet delicious breakfast and even for dinner. This is also a common dish for vegetarians
Fried Dishes: List of Indian No Onion No Garlic Recipes - from Kanchan's Kitchen
Personally Home Cooked Indian Recipes
- Aloo ki bhaji with black pepper recipe
Aloo ki bhaji with black pepper is a super quick side dish recipe which is ideal with puri or paratha. This is a simple and easy way of preparing Aloo ki bhaji with black pepper. This crispy dish can be multi-purpose. Try this with a combination of c
- Bhindi Ki Bhaji (Ladies Finger Fry) Recipe
Bhindi Ki Bhaji (Ladies Finger Fry) is a quick fry recipe using Ladies Finger (Bhindi). This is a dry and crispy item which can be served with rice (with dal) or roti. There isn't much in Bhindi Ki Bhaji (Ladies Finger Fry) Recipe except that you wil
- Soya Pakora Recipe
Soya bean Ka Pakora is a great use of nutrella (soya bean) as a veg starter item. This is ideal as an evening snacks with tea or coffee and is a welcome variety among other fried items. Of course if you like nutrella then this is "the" snacks item fo
- Paneer Pakora (with Potato) Recipe
Paneer Pakora is a fried dish which is also a specialty for veg lovers. It includes paneer and potato and is an excellent snack to serve with tea or coffee in the evening. There's another type of preparation where potato is not used, but that prepara
Video Tutorials on Indian No Onion No Garlic Recipes - Watch it, Learn it, Cook it!
Great Indian No Onion No Garlic Recipe Stuff on Amazon - Get it online !
Love to shop online? Comfortable with Amazon? Why wait... go ahead and get all Indian No Onion No Garlic Stuff directly from Amazon