- Food and Cooking
Easy Irish Tea Cake
Are you looking for a perfectly simple cake that is delicious and easy to make? Irish Tea Cake is one of my favorite basic cakes. While it is one of the best treats to serve with a cup of tea, there are so many other ways to enjoy Irish Tea Cake. I like to cut this cake in cubes and layer with preserves or fresh fruit and whipped cream. Add a drizzle of Irish liqueur or whiskey to the mix for a special occasion dessert.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to wet ingredients alternating with milk until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar.