- Food and Cooking
The Most Delicious Italian Sweets
Everyone has had a taste of the Italian desserts. Their kitchen is known the world over for it's incredible simple elegant dishes, combining strong flavours. Personally it's my favourite style of cooking. Enjoy these incredible desserts and don't forget to accompany them with a good espresso or glas of wine.
Books on Tiramisu - If you want to make the best of Italy
Delicious recipe to make real Italian Tiramisu. Tiramisu is the best if you keep it in the fridge and serve it a few hours (3-6) after making it. The flavour will be optimal around that time. Enjoy this Italian classic.
- Prep time: 25 min
- Cook time: 2 hours
- Ready in: 2 hours 25 min
- Yields: 8
- 1 package ladyfingers (175 g)
- 250 ml of strong coffee
- 50 ml Marsala (sweet Sicilian wine
- liquor store)
- 4 eggs
- 75 g caster sugar
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese (fresh cheese
- a 250 g)
- 1 cup of whipping cream (125 ml)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1. Cover the bottom of the shell with the half of the long fingers. Mix the coffee with the marsala and pour half over the sponge fingers in the bowl. 2. Put the egg yolks with 50 g sugar in a bowl. Beat with a mixer in 5 min to a light yellow cream. 3. Stir the mascarpone in a large bowl with a fork. Whip the cream with the remaining sugar. Mix the cream and egg cream with the mascarpone. Pour the mixture over one half of the long fingers. 4. Dip the remaining ladyfingers 1 sec. in the rest of the coffee and put them in the dish. Pour the remainder of the mixture between the long fingers in the dish. Sprinkle the tiramisu with cocoa. Allow at least 2 hours in the fridge.
The Cakeboss Making Tiramisu - If you don't like reading, watch how it's done
Italian Dessert Books
Panna Cotta Classica - Elegant, Classic, Sweet = Italian
The Delicious and so simple Panna Cotta dessert. A sweet classic that I can't go without for more then two months.
- Prep time: 30 min
- Cook time: 4 hours
- Ready in: 4 hours 30 min
- Yields: 4
- 2 cups whipping cream (a 250 ml)
- 2 vanilla beans
- 50 g of sugar
- 4 leaves gelatin white (bag 12 pieces)
- 1. Pour the cream into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. For example, it is not in boils. Cut the vanilla pods with a sharp knife lengthwise. Scrape the marrow out and add to the cream. This gives the room a maximum vanilla flavor. Put the vanilla beans in the room for an extra intense flavor. Hold for 15 min to a simmer in a flame distributor on the smallest kernel, so the vanilla flavor optimally withdraw. Remove the sticks.
- 2. Add the sugar to the vanilla cream and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat. Meanwhile the Week 5 min gelatin in cold water, squeeze out and add to the cream. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- 3. Divide the vanilla cream over the ramekins. Put at least 4 hours covered in the refrigerator.
- 4. Remove from the refrigerator and keep the bottom of the Timbales already running 15 sec. under the hot tap. So melt the gelatin on the outside a bit and the pudding is easier to remove. Pour the panna cotta's on 4 plates. Serve as or with seasonal fruit.
Cooking Utensils - Have more fun cooking with good hardware
Italian Cheese Board - Classic and Simple Italian Dessert
A more classic and simple dessert then this Italian cheese board is hard to come up with. Not everybody enjoys cheese after dinner but some wouldn't want it any other way. A really beautifull dessert that creates room for extended dinner conversations. A glass of wine goes alongside it really well.
Cheese combines well with sweet flavors. Thus, dried figs, grapes, kletzenbrood (dark Austrian fruit bread) a nice counterpart to the often pronounced flavors of the cheeses. And a glass of port wine tastes great with blue vein cheese and hard, salty species such as perennial cheese.
Let the cheese air about 1 hour at room temperature to serve it at the optimal flavour.
Prep Time: 5
Total Time: 35
- 1 ball of mozzarella (cheese 125 g) drained
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- piece of Parmesan cheese (200 g)
- piece of Gorgonzola picante (185 g)
- quince (130g jar)
- toast (eg ciappe packet 140g) broken into pieces
- Break the mozzarella in half, put on a shelf and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Put the pieces of cheese next. Serve with pieces of quince and toast.