Italian Meatball Recipe - How to make Tomato and Onion with Basil Italian Meatballs
Italian Meatball Recipe
Deciding to cook an original Italian Recipe is the greatest and funest part of being in the kitchen. My favorite has to be the Italian Meatball Recipe. I love to make tomato based sauces.
Building the perfect Italian Meatball is pretty much the same as a hamburger patty, except for the way in which you use an italian flair to your recipe and incorporate spices.
I have to say that basil in my favorite ingredient to draw added taste and aroma form an italian pasta dish. The raw pungent aroma of Basil is integral in bringing the mince to life.
The tomato and onion part of the sauce is more to dress the pasta than bring out the meatball flavor. Please enjoy this simple recipe and make your own italian homemade meatball meal with a hint of basil to step it up a level form the traditional form of the meatball recipe.
Fresh or flaked basil will work in your italian meatball recipe
Preparation and cooking times
The Italina Meatball recipe below will serve 4 persons generously and will only take 5 minutes to prepare.You will be able to cook and serve in 60 minutes.
Italian Meatball Recipe Ingredients
- A sachet of instant homestyle meatball sauce.
- 100ml water. tap temperature.
- 500grams of lean mince.
- An onion.
- A handful of fresh basil or two table spoons of basil flakes.
- Oil for frying.Sunflower or olive oil is best.
- A tin of tomato and onion mix.
- 100 ml of beef stock.
- 125 ml of grated parmesan cheese.
- 500 grams of Sphagetti or Tagliatelle pasta.
Want to go the whole hog and make your own pasta for your Italian Meatballs
How to make Italian style meatballs
- Add the 100 ml of water and the contents of the meatball sauce sachet into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.Note that only 100 ml is needed, do not use the sachet instructions.
- Add the mince, the chopped onion and the basil to the same bowl and mix it thoroughly with a dinner fork.
- Place your pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook the pasta to your liking.
- You now how your meatball mixture ready for frying or baking. If you decide to bake the meatballs, turn your oven onto bake at 180 degrees and bake for about 10 minutes each side turning halfway through. Look for a golden brown color. Do not burn them.
- Now shape your mixture into meatballs about the size of a golf ball and place them on a plate ready to use.
- If you are going to fry your meatballs, you can add some chopped garlic to the oil if you wish to add flavor. The frying pan shuld be on a medium heat and should have about a centimetre or quarter inch of oil in .
- Place your meatballs in the hot oil and turn as needed until golden brown on all sides.
- Once you have cooked all of your meatballs, place them into an oven baking dish and cover them in the beef stock and tomato and onion mix from the tin. The idea is that by cooking them first, you will be able to seal the flavor in. The baking process will now moisten them again and draw in the sauce. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Once your pasta is cooked, you can dish the meatballs and some of the sauce onto the pasta and sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese over for added flavor and presentation.
- Go and enjoy.
Alternative ways to serve meatballs
Italian meatballs are fine on their own with some fine italian breads or by using a basic margarita pizza base to accompany the meatballs.
- Chicken Ala King Recipe - How to make Chicken Ala Ki...
A step by step chicken ala king recipe with ingredients needed video and pictures. Chicken ala ling is easier than you think.
- A collection of my Best Dinner Recipes for two
Here you can find a virtual recipe book of our best dinner recipes for two or more persons. There will be constant additions made to the list as each recipe is tried and tested before publication. Go and enjoy then.
- Best Spinach Butternut and Feta Lasagne Recipe
Fancy a simple vegatable lasagne recipe. This easy to cook lasagna recipe is ready in 20 minutes and is great for a vegatarian lasagna. If you feel like beef or mince lasagne, just swop the vegatables for beef when cooking. Follow the easy steps to e
- mexican pasta recipe
If you are looking for an easy step by step Mexican pasta recipe, this is it. Cooking time is 20 minutes and you can choose your own mexcian spice for theis mexican spice recipe. Some like it hot.
- How to Make Sweet And Sour Pork
Nothing says Chinese food like sweet and sour pork and here is a truly delicious version of it. I used this once at a very large dinner party and received rave reviews. I also paired it with my recipe...
- Thai Sweet and Sour Chili Fish Fillets Recipe
Golden fried Thai fish fillets covered in a sweet and sour chili sauce - easy to make and tough to resist!
- Sweet and Sour Pork Sausage Recipe - How to make Swe...
Sweet and Sour Pork Sausage dish with easy to follow steps, video and ingredients. Cooks and serves 4 - 6 people. Serve Pork sausages in sweet and sour sauce hot or cold.