Jalapeno Cheese Bread Recipe
Easy Jalapeno Cheese Bread Recipe
Looking for an Easy Jalapeno Cheese Bread Recipe? If you like spicy foods you will enjoy this recipe.
It is easy to make and a joy to the taste buds for people that like spicy foods. It adds color to any meal and a delight to share with family and friends. The combination of Jalapenos and cheese put zest to any bread recipe.
I love jalapenos, but like most of us, you have to limit your intake! I created this website because of my love for jalapenos and wanted you to try something different. Even if you are not good at baking, this is easy to make. I hope you enjoy this website - Please comment below and tell me you like this recipe.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup minced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1.5 (.13 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a larger mixing bowl, combine 4 cups of flour, cheese, the jalapenos, 3 1/2 tbsp sugar with the salt and mix.
- 2. In another bowl, mix the hot water with the yeast and the remainder of the sugar. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes and then stir until all of the yeast dissolves.
- 3. Stir in the oil to the mixture that has the hot water in it and then pour about half of the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Use your hands to mix so the flour will be as wet as possible. Combine both until they are now mixed thoroughly.
- 4. Fold the mixture, by hand, onto a surface that is lightly floured surface and ensure that it is doughy in substance, gradually add enough small portions of flour to keep it from sticking to the surface.
- 5. Put the entire mixture in a bowl that is well greased and also flip the dough so it is greased on both sides. Put a dry towel over the entire bowl and leave it until it doubles in size. This may take up to one hour. Using the top knuckles of your hands (fist), push down the dough.
- 6. After the hour and after the dough has doubled in size, divide it into 3 portions of the same size. Using both hands, take each portion and wad it up and then flatten it out. Ensure that you knead out any air in the dough or it will explode in the oven. Make loaves out of each portion. Grease loaf pans and then put the loaf portions in the pans. You should then cover each loaf and once again, it will rise in about an hour.
- 7. Bake the mixture in the oven at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). The finished loaves should be darker brown (not burnt) in about an hour. You should watch the mixture carefully and about 1/2 hour into cooking time, you should rotate the pans to avoid them from getting too dark on one side. If you grease the dough and pans properly in the above steps, removal should be easy.
- 8. Serve as desired. While some like hot bread, some also like it cooled down considerably. You should always let it sit at least 10 minutes before attempting to slice, however.