The World's Best Jambalaya Recipe
An Easy Jambalaya Recipe
The Worlds Best Jambalaya Recipe! This Southern Cajun classic is a great warming dish - similar to paella, rice is the central ingredient here.
One of the best things about this dish is that you can add and substitute things as you wish without affecting the end quality! Whether it be Sausage, Shrimp, chicken or peas - leave out what you don't like and include what you do!
Follow this Jambalaya Recipe now for a great crowd pleasing dish!
The Worlds Best Jambalaya Recipe!
How to cook this easy jambalaya recipe
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 peppers
- a good handful of chorizo, chopped
- 450g/1 lb chicken pieces, on or off the bone
- 2 chopped Scotch Bonnet or other chilli peppers, 1 red, 1 yellow
- 500g/1 lb 1oz long grain rice
- 2 tbsp Cajun spices
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- mixed vegetables, e.g. carrots, peas, green beans, sprouts, courgettes. I often just buy the mixed frozen ones to keep it cheap!
- 450g/1 lb king prawns
- salt and ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add onion, chopped peppers, garlic, chorizo and chicken pieces then cook for around 8 minutes.
2. Add the chillis.
3. Add the rice and stir. Add the chilli powder, turmeric and Cajun spices and mix in well.
4. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the mixed vegetables and bring to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer.
6. Once the rice has swollen and is part-cooked, add the prawns or crayfish.
7. Simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour and then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.