- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
Easy Indonesian Jus Alpukat - Avocado Shake Recipe. How to Make Indonesian Style Shake!
Being grew-up in Indonesia, We used to serve avocado as fruit desserts, or other varieties desserts such as es teler (drunken fruits ice) and jus alpukat. Avocado as sweet desserts?. It sounds bizarre, isn't it ?. It's as bizarre as avocado dips or avocado on sushi for me. Jus alpukat or avocado juice/shake is popular dessert in Indonesia. It's seem this specialty drink always on top of every restaurants and eateries menu, or even street hawkers. This drink is a special treat during hot summer day.
Here is a very easy avocado shake recipe with just few decent ingredients and you can make delicious, creamy, sweet, and velvety – but be warned, once you try this Indonesian avocado shake, you will be addicted!.
How to make easy jus alpukat (avocado shake)
2 ripe avocados
3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
3 tbsp chocolate syrup
1 cup milk
ice cubes as needed
Using knife, cut avocado lengthwise around the seed. Now you can open two halves and remove the seed by scooping it out by spoon. Next, use spoon to scoop avocado flesh out. You avocados are ready to use.
Blend all ingredients, except chocolate syrup, sprinkle and chocolate powder until it's turn into smoothie consistency. In the serving glasses, transfer the avocado shake, add chocolate syrup, sprinkle with chocolate sprinkle and powder over before serving.
Add coffee or chocolate ice cream and you will have avocado float.
Delicious sweet, velvety and creamy avocado shake
How to choose avocado for your shake
Good avocado should be heavy. Pick, feel and then press it to make sure its firm yet to medium soft and not leave finger marks on it. This is a good sign of ripe and ready to eat avocado. Do not choose avocado with some blemishes on it's skin.
If you buy unripe avocado, put it in a brow bag and store in the room temperature. It will be ripe between 2-4 days.
Why you will love avocado shake
It's simply delicious and ridiculously easy to make. You just need no more than 10 minutes to enjoy this heavenly shake. In addition of great taste, this avocado shake also have very high nutritional value for your health. Here are some nutrition facts and benefits in every 1 oz of avocado:
- monosaturated fat (3 g per serving) will help to lower your blood cholersterol
- vitamin K (6.3 mcg/8%/DV per serving) is important for blood clotting
- folate (27 mcg/8%/DV per serving) is very important for cell and tissue development, especially for children and pregnant women
- potassium (140 mg/8%/DV per serving) is very important for building muscle and body growth
- vitamin E (1.2 IU/4%/DV per serving) is very important as antioxidant also promote healthier skin and hair
- magnesium (8.7 mg/2%/DV per serving) is playing important role for producing protein and energy
- vitamin C (2.4 mg/4%/DV per serving) is one of very important antioxidants
- vitamin B6 (0.080 mg/4%/DV per serving) is important for immune system
- lutein (81.3 mcg) is important antioxidant to promote eye and skin health
Es pokat (alpukat) - Indonesian avocado shake
More Indonesian desserts recipes
- Easy Pisang Bakar - Indonesian Grilled Banana Sundae Recipe. How to Make Simple Grilled Banana!
Good hot summer weather brings abundance of fresh fruits. Bringing back my childhood memories, We use to eat countless varieties of tropical fruits such as banana, mango, durian, etc. Mostly we consume it...
This book is packed with great nutritional information and how to make the beast healthy smoothie. If you are looking healthy and nutritional smoothie recipes, this books is perfect. Some ingredients are not easy to find but you can find it online or your neighborhood health store.