- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to make Simple Cashew nut peda
About Cashew nuts
Cashew trees are common in Kerala. Cashew nut is a tasty fruit of cashew tree.It is the main ingredient of Indian cooking.Cashew nut is used for thickening gravies in cooking..It can be eaten as such,roasted,salted or cooked.It contains large amount of iron, magnesium,phosphorus and zinc.
If we fry some cashew nuts in ghee and add some Marsala ( a mixture of amchoor( Dried mango) powder, pepper powder and sugar) we get a wonderful snack for children.
Here I am describing a method for making a sweet peda using cashew nuts.This is a simple sweet using cashew nuts and sugar. It can be made within a few minutes.Oil is not needed for this sweet.Please try .I am sure you will like it.
- cashew powder- 3 cups
- sugar- 3 cups
- water- 1/2 cup
Method of preparation
- In a thick bottomed pan add water and sugar and stir continuously .
- When it become single string constituency, (if we drop one drop of this syrup into water it will not dissolve) put cashew powder to the syrup.
- Mix well in a law flame for two minutes.
- Remove from fire and transfer the dough on to a wooden surface.Roll them with a rolling pin.
- Cut into diamond shape to get white mouth watering pedas.
- Cashew powder can be made by grinding cashew nuts using a mixer grinder.