KFC Chicken Leftovers recipes
We all know that sometimes even if we think what we cook for our lunch or dinner is enough, most of the times we have plenty of leftovers. What we tend to do it toss them away, thinking no one will eat them twice. Some of us don't want to throw away so we keep them in the fridge in the hope, or even thinking ' No worries, I am gonna eat that tomorrow '. The next day your kids or your husband tell you they would very much love to eat this and that so you cook something else and you forget about the leftovers . In the end you will throw that food simply because is rotten.
We don't like boring food
The thing with food is we like to eat diverse food, not having to eat the same food twice. It tends to get boring. Anyway this is the problem I have with my husband.
My husband loves KFC southern fried chicken, especially thighs and wings. But when we buy them from KFC we tend to always buy more than we need, especially when we see the Bucket offer and so on. We end up eating half and throw away the rest.
I really hate disposing of food, so I came up with a few recipes of my own involving KFC chicken, this saves me money and gets me inventive. I would like to share a few with you guys if you think you are in the same position as me.
- A few KFC chicken thighs leftovers
- 1 big onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- some chorizo slices (optional)
- 3 finger chillies ( optional)
- 1 bunch of dill
- A few pink sprouted broccoli
- 250 g rice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- other mixed herbs ( of your choice)
- In a deep pan, heat the oil. Add the chopped onion and garlic and fry until golden. Slice the chillies and chorizo as well and add them to the pan. Fry for 5 minutes and then add the broccoli. Fry for another 5 minutes and add the chopped dill. Add the tomatoes, half of glass of water, mix well and bring to the boil, cook for approx. 30 minutes.
- In the meantime half boil the rice separately, don't cool it or drain it. If you take it of the heat you can leave for about 10 minutes in the water and it will drain the water. When there is no water in the rice, add it to the sauce and mix well. Check if the broccoli is ready, season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs, mix well and you're done.
- What you do with the KFC chicken it's up to you. You can heat it in the microwave, or in a pan, or you can put it in the oven for approx. 10 minutes.
- Serve the dish hot. On one side of the plate you can put the sauce and rice and on the other side you can put the chicken. Or you can mix it all in.
KFC chicken wings and baby new potatoes
- A few KFC chicken wings
- 1 kg of baby new potatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- parsley leaves
- Half boil the potatoes. Take a deep pan and heat the oil. Add the half boiled potatoes and fry them for about 5 minutes or until they are done. Season the potatoes with chopped parsley, chives, salt and pepper. Add the chicken wings and done.
For these recipes you can use any type of oil as you wish, I am using extra virgin olive oil because it has a nice flavor and it's healthier than the vegetable or sunflower oil.
If you like chilli food you can use crushed chillies for both of the recipes.
On the other hand, if you don't fancy chilli you can cook the recipes without chilli at all.
I hope you enjoyed my ways of saving money.
Thank you for visiting my lens.