- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Kiwi Fruit Salad
Fruit salads are quick and easy to make. Most people tend to make them in the summer months when fruit is abundant, and less costly. During the off seasons use what is available to you. You don't need more than two or three ingredients to make a healthy fruit salad as you can see In my kiwi salad pictured here. There are only three ingredients.
At my house we love nothing better than to finish off a meal with fruit for dessert. Not that often are there any leftovers, but when there are someone always grabs it to add to their lunch the following day.
Dressing Up Your Fruit Salad
Very rarely do I ever add anything to my fruit salads other than fruit as someone is always dieting at my house. However you can always add a bit of maple syrup, yogurt, honey, whipped cream, powdered or brown sugar, champagne, or even Grand Marnier.
Tip for Keeping Bananas From Going Brown
Bananas are usually quite popular in fruit salads and in most places available all year round. Unless you're going to be serving your salad right away you may want to toss the sliced bananas with a bit of lemon, lime, or orange juice to keep them from turning brown.
Just think how perfect your fruit salad would look in these beautiful dessert bowls.
- 2 kiwis peeled and sliced
- 6 strawberries washed and sliced
- 1/4 of a cantaloupe
Tools to Make Your Life Easier
This melon ball tool is great to use for any type of melon, and it is also great for making small meatballs.
- Peel and slice the kiwi and place it into a bowl or serving dish.
- Wash and slice the strawberries then add them to the bowl.
- For the cantaloupe you can use either a melon baller, or a spoon to scoop the fruit or gently cut the fruit into pieces.
- While I am scooping the cantaloupe I usually hold it over the bowl so that the juice from the cantaloupe gets added into the fruit salad.
- At this point you can build your fruit salad and arrange it that is appealing to your eye.
- If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate it.
Fancy up your fruit salads with this cute flower cutter. These can be used for vegetables as well.