So Easy Lemon Pie Recipe
A Delicious Lemon Pie
Lemon Pie is one of the easiest homemade pies that I have ever made. It only requires a few ingredients to make this delicious pie and only a few minutes to assemble, which is why I love it.
This is a "keeper" recipe that I use over and over again. The instructions are so easy and it can be made in one bowl. Lemon Pie requires little effort and minimal clean-up time. While the pie is baking and then chilling in the refrigerator, you will be free to do other things like enjoying a cup of tea. The ingredients are quite easy to find and most are items that you will have on hand anyway.
Lemon Pie is also very easy to change with variations which give the pie new flavor and texture. This is one of the easiest all-around pies I have ever made!
Ingredients for Lemon Pie
-1 8-9 inch graham cracker crust or pre-baked pastry crust
-2 large egg yolks
-1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
-1/3 cup lemon juice, fresh preferred
-12 oz. whipped cream or whipped topping
Preheat oven 350F.
Combine egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
Mix in lemon juice until mixture is smooth .
Pour into graham crust. Bake 25-30 minutes.
Cool and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
Spread whipped cream on top or serve on side.
Lemon Pie is a great
"make ahead" dessert
Some of my favorite dessert plates
How To Make Lemon Pie Tutorial
Fun Variations for Lemon Pie - Each one makes an extra special pie!
- Lemon Blueberry Pie ~ After pie has cooled top with fresh blueberries.
- Lime Pie ~ Substitute lime juice for the lemon juice.
- Banana Cream Pie ~ Delete lemon juice and add 1 tsp. banana extract. Top with sliced bananas before adding whipped cream.
Vote for Your Favorite Pie!
Which pie do you like best?
Show Off Your Pie in A Beautiful Pie Plate - Best Sellers
Classic Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 baked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbls. butter
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Add water to a heavy saucepan.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt. Add to saucepan.
- Over medium heat stir constantly until mixture boils.
- Continue to boil and stir for about one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Slightly beat egg yolks and add with lemon juice to saucepan.
- Return to medium heat and continue stirring until mixture begins to boil.
- Stir in zest and butter.
- Cover mixture to keep warm.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form and mixture is glossy.
- Pour lemon mixture into pie shell.
- Top with egg white mixture covering lemon mixture completely.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
- Let cool and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.