- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to make Delicious Lemon Pudding Recipe
This is the recipe for my delicious Lemon Pudding! My family's favorite ( at the moment ).
I do have a number of pudding recipes that they ask me to make, but this Lemon Pudding one is always first on their list, I have tried and tried to teach them how to make this delicious pudding, but they tell me that it is much easier for them and tastes better if I make it, so I don't protest too much, just get on with it, and it's nice to know that they still like my cooking, A little boost to my ego so to speak :) :).
There is no secret it is just a matter of following the recipe !
Ta Dum ...Drum roll.... so here it is for you all to try to enjoy !
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 x eggs
1 x tablespoon self raising flour
grated rind and juice of one lemon
pinch of salt
1 x tablespoon of sugar extra
If you would like it a little more tart than sweet, use 2 lemons.
1. Seperate eggs, beat yolks with 1/2 a cup of sugar until light and creamy, beat in milk, sifted flour, rind and juice of lemon(s) and add salt.
2. Beat egg whites adding extra sugar gradually, continue beating until stiff but not dry. Lightly fold into lemon mixture.
3. Pour into greased, deep, 2 pint ovenproof dish.
- Stand in a shallow pan of cold water.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- If you think it is cooking too fast on the top I just put a piece of tin foil on top , so as it doesn't get too brown before its cooked right through.
I hope that makes sense. There should be enough mixture for four healthy servings.
You can dress it with pure cream, fresh or frozen yoghourt.
It is scrumptious served hot , but it is also very nice served cold from the fridge.
It really is yummy.
I hope you like it.:) :)