- Food and Cooking
Lemon Butter Bowties with Chickpeas
The easiest thing about this recipe for Lemon Butter Bowties with Chickpeas is that I can have all of the ingredients on hand and ready to roll whenever I please. The hardest part of making this dish is cooking the pasta, so with that in mind, this is a super easy dinner to make.
I like having chickpeas in this pasta dish for the added protein, especially if eating a vegetarian diet. This is also a fun dish to experiment with....think about adding additional vegetables or even fish or shrimp.
- 8 oz. bowtie pasta
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 2 tbls. salted butter
- 2 tbls. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbls. minced basil
- 1 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions,
- Drain and return to pot, tossing with olive oil.
- Over low heat, add butter, lemon juice and basil, lightly tossing until butter is melted.
- Stir in chickpeas and cook until heated through.
- Serve with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
Cooks pasta quickly in the microwave.