Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
If you are looking for a "WOW" dish to serve along side your favorite main course, Lobster Macaroni and Cheese is just the right choice. For years now, I have made mac and cheese from scratch for holiday dinners and now I've decided to give it a twist that will be a tasty surprise for all.
Lobster Mac and Cheese has become quite a popular restaurant choice in recent years and is definitely one of my top choices when dining out. This recipe features my very creamy and delicious original mac and cheese ingredients, lobster and a few additions to bring out that "WOW" for any meal.
- 16 oz. dry macaroni or pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups gruyere cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 lbs. lobster meat, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions.
- Preheat oven to 375Â°.
- Grease a 4 qt. or 2- 2qt. casserole dishes, set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic and scallions, sautÃ© for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour with a whisk and cook for about a minute.
- Gradually add milk while continuing to whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and add cheeses, black pepper and mustard, stir until combined.
- Fold in cooked macaroni and lobster.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish(es).
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
Love this classic cookware by Rachael Ray.
A good quality saucepot for mac and cheese and more.
My favorite Le Creuset bakeware.