Lose Weight with Green Smoothies!
One of the easiest and tastiest ways to lose weight is by fixing and consuming daily smoothies.
Personally, I love smoothies and fix them regularly. I love to experiment with various fruits and veggies. My next trial recipe will include cucumbers! I am anxious to see how this one will turn out.
The 'trick' to smoothies is to incorporate lots of highly nutritious veggies such as spinach, kale, or even sea weed, into your diet in the most palatable way. That is where smoothies come in: A wonderful blend of fruits and veggies -- but you only really tastes the fruit!! And smoothies are a wonderful quick meal for folks on the run!
There are hundreds of ways to make smoothies. Below is one of my basic recipes for a quick "everyday" smoothie.
Replace one meal a day with this smoothie and watch yourself lose weight!
NOTE: If you love smoothies too, check out my other lens on the subject: Easy Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- 1 frozen bananas, broken into pieces
- 2 frozen 'cubes' of veggies*
- Large handful of frozen fruit**
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of sesame seeds, optional
- 1 cup or more liquid, depending how thick or thin you like your smoothies ***
- Add all ingredients and half the water or liquid into Vitamix or similar blender. Blend until smooth -- add water as needed.
- * To save myself time, I take older greens, such as kale, spinach or collards or whatever you may have on hand, add them and a bit of water to my blender and pulverize until the greens are liquid. Pour the green liquid into an ice cube tray. Once frozen, place them into a zip lock bag in your freezer -- Voila! All ready for smoothies!
- ** My favorite frozen fruit to use in smoothies is frozen grapes, frozen pitted cherries, frozen cranberries (add a small orange for flavor and sweetness, frozen pineapple or ??
- *** I usually use water in my smoothies, but you can use nut milk, veggie broth, coconut milk or whatever liquid you prefer (I don't recommend using fruit juice as it will add too much sugar!).