Dear Husband's Favorite Prize-Winning Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Regular & Low Sugar!
The Aroma Of These Cookies Baking Is Unmistakable!
My husband swears he can smell these cookies baking from down the block when he's coming home! These cookies were my first real baking success as a young married cook, so they are very special to me.
When my two kids were little, they enjoyed helping me bake big piles of these cookies to take to our Volunteer Fire Department for Christmas. One year, our local Wal-Mart had a bakeoff contest and I bravely entered my special cookies. To my surprise, I won 3rd Prize! I still cherish my little stuffed monkey holding a 3rd prize ribbon to this day! He site on a little shelf in my kitchen, supervising all my baking efforts.
That was many years ago, and nowadays the dear husband and I both have to watch our sugar intake, as we are both diabetic. Eating low sugar does not mean eating low-taste or low-fun! So I'm off to the kitchen to whip up a batch of these spicy, tender, flavorful cookies. I know I will make my son's and husband's day for sure!
Although these aren't your typical beautifully decorated, artsy Christmas cookies, they are always the plate that vanishes here at Christmastime.
The Baking Sheet I Use For Perfect Results Every time! - Before these... baking was a mess!
I have yet to find a cookie sheet that cookies will not stick to, despite my best efforts. Discovering silicone baking sheets was like a miraculous thing to me! Suddenly I was baking cookies that looked as perfect as they tasted!
Best of all, the cookies bake so evenly and I never burn their bottoms anymore! Try it and you'll see the huge difference it makes!
Try These If You Need Cookies For A Party!
Want your cookies to be the hit of the party? Try this recipe! People just love them, especially guys.
Want to get your kids into the kitchen? Help them bake cookies!
Yes, I'm bragging... these cookies took many years to get the recipe just perfect I'm confident that your family and friends will love them.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: About an hour
Serves: Lots - Several Dozen
- 1 cup waiter
- 1 cup Raisins
- 4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- Liquid from Raisins (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Crisco Shortening
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 -1/2 cups Splenda (White) (Or real Sugar)
- 1 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (Or real Brown Sugar)
- 2 cups Quick Oatmeal
- In small saucepan, bring raisins, water and 1 tsp. of Cinnamon to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain liquid from raisins into a measuring cup. Add enough water to bring the liquid to 1/2 cup. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, remaining 3 tsp cinnamon, allspice, ground cloves, nutmeg, and both Splenda's thoroughly.
- Add the 2 eggs, Crisco and butter, mix thoroughly.
- Stir in Oatmeal and the cooked raisins.
- Drop in rounded tablespoons at least 2" apart on silicone baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes until slightly browned. Wait a few minutes to cool before removing to serving plate.
Don't Hold Back... Tell Us How You Feel!
What's Your Thoughts On This Cookie Recipe?