My All Time Favourite Desserts
Who does not love sundaes?
Ice-cream is so useful to have in your freezer
Create layers of your best combinations and make it totally your own creation!
Cheesecake is the best pudding on earth!
Cheesecake in pink with cherries, who can resist?
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream..imagine that!
A Myriad Of Dessert Choices
- There are so many dessert recipe books in the market place. Some of my best desserts are the ones I have adapted from a find in the newspaper or an old friend of the family favourite recipe, that she has handed to our family.
Good hearty Christmas Pudding
Yummy Lemon Pud
My All Time Favorite Puddings
image credit - my own photo
1. Cheese cake in all its forms and combinations. Chocolate and cherry are tops.
2. Love fruity baked puddings in winter with a gooey hot sauce.
3. Ice cream with nuts and caramel sauce.
4. Baked Alaska made by someone else
6. Any apple pie with cream or custard.
7. Lemon Meringue Pie and ice cream.
8.Christmas pudding with a wonderful brandy sauce drizzled over the top.
9. Small jam tarts with cream.
10. A wonderful English trifle with layers of custard, cream and walnuts and strawberries
11. A delicioue baked caramel custard with the brown topping dripping down the side.
12. Ice cream loaf with all sorts of delicious layers of nuts,biscuits and cherries.
13. A well made lemon souffle with custard sauce.
14. Chocolate Orange mousse or one made with just coffee and chocolate.
15. Pancakes with cinnamon , brown sugar and a little real butter.
It is good to share your favourite puds especially when you are on a slimming program. Just by writing them down , I feel I have enjoyed them without the calories.
Yummy Lemon Meringue Pie
Anne Goodhue's Chocolate Pudding
Ann Goodhue and her husband from New Zealand stopped off at the marina at St Francis in their yacht on their round the world trip. She shared this delicious pudding recipe with us and it became a family favourite.
4 oz butter
4 oz sugar
2 table spoons cocoa powder
2 table spoons of milk
4 oz self raising flour
2 oz chopped walnuts
1. Cream butter with sugar and add the 2 beaten eggs.
2. Add the cocoa powder and milk
3. Mix in the self raising flour and chopped walnuts.
4. Turn into a lightly greased deep oven proof dish (about seven and a half inches in diameter).
5. Combine 6 oz of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder and half a pint of boiling water.
6. Pour the above over pudding mixture in the dish and bake at 350 deg F for about one and a quarter hours.
7. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Hope you enjoy it!
Ice Cream And Lemon Meringue
- Ice Cream And Lemon Meringue go well so well together.
Chocolate Sauce For Ice Cream
Here is a chocolate sauce for ice cream. It has a twist to a normal one!
4 cups of fresh milk
2 T Milo or other altenative.
1 desertspoon cocoa powder - unsweetened
125 grams hazelnut chocolate bar - light not dark
4 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1 small cap caramel essence
Small piece of butter - knob
1 desertspoon cornflour
pinch of salt
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Heat the milk, sugar, chocolate , milo and pinch of salt
2. Mix cocoa powder in a small bit of milk and add to milk mixture on stove
3. Bring slowly to boiling point
4. Mix cornflour also with a little cold milk and when smooth add to milk mixture on stove.
5. Simmer till thick and glossy . Do not let it stick or burn. Stir constantly.
6. If the mixture is a little too thick , add a dash of milk .
7. Add vanilla and knob of butter and stir again.
8. place some wax paper on the top of sauce to prevent a skin from forming!
Better if this sauce is lukewarm so that it does not melt too much of your ice cream!
Protect your clothing from splashes in the kitchen.
Wear an apron.
Aprons are an essential item for guarding your clothes in the kitchen, while cooking up a storm!
Try A Baked Alaska
Make Sure Your First Course Is Not As Filling Or Rich.
If you have cold meats and salad as a first course, this baked pudding will be an ideal complement!