Macadamia Nut Recipes
The Best Recipes With Macadamia Nuts
Macadamia nuts are one of my favorite snacks and I love their nutty flavor, but did you know that macadamias are delicious when used in a variety of recipes? They are so good when added to muffins, cookies, tarts and savory dishes such as macadamia nut chicken or a salad with macadamias and pineapple.
Macadamia nuts are delicious and you will love the crunch and texture they give to so many dishes.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Creative Commons
Macadamia Nut Pancakes
Pancakes are so much fun to make with a variety of ingredients. I think nutty pancakes are the best. I love that little bit of crunch that nuts add to a fluffy pancake.
Batter Bowl for mixing Macadamia Nut Pancakes and other Breakfast Treats
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 4 tbls melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup roasted chopped macadamias
- In a large bowl or batter bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Fold in macadamias.
- Heat frying pan over medium head and grease with butter or cooking oil.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter in pan and brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup.
Macadamia Nut Chicken - A tropical delight that everyone will love.
Chicken is a mainstay at my house and I can never get my hands on enough chicken recipes. This recipe for Macadamia Nut Chicken is just the dish to add a little variety when trying to figure out how to cook tonight's chicken. I like to serve with a rice/vegetable medley on the side.
Mauna Loa Macadamia Baking Pieces
Ready to use, chopped and roasted macadamia nuts. Inclues 4 six ounce bags that are vacuum sealed for the ultimate in freshness.
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbls brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped macadamias
- 1 jar mango or peach salsa
- Combine first five ingredients in a zipper bag, add chicken.
- Marinate for 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then eggs, then macadamias.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until done.
- Serve with salsa.
How do you enjoy cooking with macadamia nuts?
How to Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownies
Nutty Goodness from Mauna Loa
Macadamia nuts are a delicious snack treat and ideal to put out for company. These are made with delicious Hawaiian honey.
Pineapple and Macadamia Nut Salad
I'll take a fresh salad with a good salad dressing any day of the week. I love all of the ingredients in this Pineapple and Macadamia Nut Salad and how well they blend with the dressing. Add grilled chicken or fish for a fabulous main dish.
So good for snacking and a nice touch to put out for company.
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbls honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 10 oz. bag salad greens, of your choice
- 1 cup fresh pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1 cup chopped toasted macadamias
- 1 tbls toasted sesame seeds
- Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt/pepper in a salad dressing shaker or lidded container.
- Shake until mixture is well blended.
- Arrange remaining ingredients in a salad bowl or on plates (except for sesame seeds).
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Top with sesame seeds.