Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate Recipes: Top Pick
Made From Scratch Hot Chocolate - Worth the Effort!
I know most folks just add a little packet of store bought cocoa mix to hot water, and they are happier than a kid in a circus for their chocolate "fix", but there is nothing so delectable as making it yourself. Using your own recipe for homemade hot chocolate produces tasty outcomes that are superior to both using a mix and ordering a cup of hot chocolate from a restaurant or coffee shop. Making the swill from scratch is both quick and easy-anyone can make homemade hot chocolate with their own recipe! This lens will give some of the best homemade recipes available! Try it, you'll like it!
I Would Like To Know What You Think About "Home Made!"
Do you think home made hot chocolate from scratch is worth the effort?
THE RECIPES: Best, Richest Hot Chocolate Uses Real Chocolate! or, At Least, Home Made Mixes
made from scratch hot cocoa
Recipe Using Chocolate Shavings
** A few ounces of high quality bittersweet chocolate. Grate chocolate till you get 2 tightly packed tablespoons of it.
** 2 ounce of high-quality semi-sweet chocolate coarsely grated.
** 1 tablespoon high-quality cocoa powder.
** 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
** Pinch of salt
** 1 teaspoon cold butter
** Pinch of cayenne pepper
** 1cup whole milk
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine grated chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, milk, a pinch of salt, A pinch of cayenne pepper.
2. Slowly bring to a boil over low heat while whisking continuously. When boiling starts, whisk for ten seconds more. Right away remove saucepan from heat, and pour hot chocolate into a bowl.
3. Whisk the cold butter into the mixture until it is completely melted, and gives a glossy gleam to the hot chocolate.
4. Let hot chocolate rest for at least 10 minutes. You may cool it overnight if you desire.
5. Gently re-heat until warm, not boiling. Strain and serve.
Recipe Using Home Made Mix
** two cups of powdered sugar
** one cup of high-quality cocoa
** two-and-a-half cups of powdered milk
** 1/2 teaspoon of salt
** two teaspoons of cornstarch
** one pinch of cayenne pepper
To make mix: Combine all the ingredients (except milk) into a bowl and mix evenly.
Mix can be stored until ready to use.
When ready to enjoy: Heat four to six cups of milk (or water). Pour over an equal amount of cocoa mixture in cup or mug. Stir, sip and be happy!
Enjoy Chocolate on Amazon
Other Hot Chocolate Recipe Links From the Web
- Hot chocolate like you've never tasted before - Today: Food: Recipe
Cocoa that's hotter, easier and better than ever. Learn more from David Rosengarten about the latest news on the drink that's loved by people of all ages.
- How to Make Hot Cocoa From Scratch | eHow.com
How to Make Hot Cocoa From Scratch. Hot cocoa is a less fattening alternative to hot chocolate. It is made with cocoa powder and usually skim milk; hot chocolate on the other hand is made from ground chocolate which contains cocoa...
- Homemade hot chocolate (or cocoa) from scratch - save money and do better with this winter treat
Hot chocolate, or hot cocoa, is delicious anytime, especially when it's cold out, especially when it's snowed (like it did recently in Knoxville!), and especially-especially when you've just come in from working or playing out in that …
- Recipe For Homemade Hot Chocolate
On a cold winter's day or evening, one of the most commonly consumed beverages is hot chocolate. Hot chocolate is a delectable treat, no matter if it is ordered pre-made from a coffee shop, made from a...
- Hot Cocoa Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Hot Cocoa recipe from Alton Brown.
- HERSHEY'S Kitchens: Recipes: Hot Cocoa
Dessert recipes and baking tips starring HERSHEY'S chocolate. HERSHEY'S Kitchens offers a wide array of recipes for all occasions including holiday recipes, celebration recipes, classic recipes, quick-n-easy recipes and fun for kids recipes. It's you
Please visit often! You are invited: