- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Shellfish Recipes
Delicious Grilled Oyster Recipe With Garlic, Butter And Chili
I re-discovered this recipe recently in an old diary of mine. I had clearly scribbled it down after finding it in a magazine somewhere but other than that I couldn't tell you the exact origin. Even if you don't like oysters, this recipe is worth trying. It is delicious, and that is coming from someone who you couldn't pay to eat a raw oyster!
Prep Time: Less Than 10 Minutes
Total Time: About 5-6 Mins
- 16 Whole Live Oysters
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Lemons, Halved
- If you are an oyster-shucking master then that is your first job for this recipe - for those of us who cannot safely shuck (and frankly shouldn't even try), place the whole oysters cup side up in an oven-proof dish, cover and grill for 60 seconds until the shells open slightly. Once they have opened, remove them from the heat and prise them the rest of the way open with a clean screwdriver (knives can slip easily and so this is safer).
- Once your oysters are prepared, heat the butter and oil in a pan and then add the garlic. Add the oysters by simply scraping each one from it's shell into the buttery sauce and cook for a few minutes, until they begin to curl slightly at the edges.
- Add the seasoning and sprinkle the chopped parsley on each portion before serving. Garnish with the lemon and serve immediately.