Mango Almond Cupcake and Cake Recipe
Mango & Almond Lovers Cake Delight!
I love fruits, nuts and, yes, chocolate but since there are so many chocolate cake recipes around already, I thought it would be a good idea to include a fruit and nut cake recipe.
So here it is my own Mango-Almond Cupcake or Cake Recipe which you are bound to LOVE!!
The interesting thing about this Mango-Almond Cake recipe is that it doesn't require icing, since the blend of flavours and nutty crunch are all the highlights and enjoyment you, your family or your guests will need to totally enjoy this mouth-watering delight.
However, I have included the icing version here for those who want a little something extra.
You can use the Mango-Almond Cupcakes or Cake as a mid-morning or afternoon snack or as supper (dinner) with a cup of your favourite tea or coffee.
I usually use it for supper along with a nice, hot cup of Organo Gold Organic Green Tea or lemon grass tea. Now go try it yourself!
Baking Wares and Utensils!
A very handy tool to help you quickly whip up this delicious recipe instead of mixing by hand.
No more messy 'spooning' into cupcake tins! Place the right amount of batter every time.
Preparation & Pre-Mixing Tasks
As Joe Gibbs puts it, “A winning effort begins with preparation.”
So before you begin mixing your ingredients to make the Mango-Almond Cupcakes or Cake, you may want to do like I do and put together all your baking ingredients and baking utensils.
This will ensure that all your baking ingredients and utensils are in easy reach and that you do not forget anything.
Once you have assembled all of your baking ingredients and utensils, start with the following pre-mixing tasks:
1. Grease your Cupcake tins (this recipe makes 12 cupcakes) or Cake tin with butter and set aside.
2. Roughly chop and slice 12 almonds into small pieces, if you don’t have packaged chopped almonds.
3. Grate half of the slice of mango on the fine side of the grater.
4. Chop and dice the other half of the slice of mango.
5. Properly mix together the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a dry bowl and set aside.
6. Turn on and preheat your oven to a moderate heat level at 325 F / 150C / Gas Mark 3.
Easy clean up and non-stick cupcake / muffin tin.
- 1 Slice Mango
- 2 tablespoons Chopped almonds (or 12 Almonds roughly chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (Brown sugar enhances the flavor of fruit based cakes)
- 1 cup Pre-sifted Baking Flour (or sift with a sieve if not pre-sifted)
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Almond Essence
- 1/4 cup Evaporated Milk (or just mix some powdered milk with warm water)
Use these cooling rack to keep your cupcakes from sweating and turning soggy.
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon, or your mixer, until smooth.
- Add in all of the chopped almonds, grated and diced mango and mix together.
- Beat 1 egg into the mixture.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Almond Essence and continue mixing.
- Carefully fold in (1/2) of the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt dry mixture and beat or blend until smooth.
- Next, add the milk and continue mixing.
- Pour in the remaining (1/2) of the Baking Flour mix and beat until smooth.
- Now that your cake mixture is ready, spoon it into each cupcake holder in the cupcake tin or pour it into your baking tin.
- Place the baking tin(s) with cake mixture into your pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. (I usually bake for 15 minutes and then test since depending on your oven it will bake a little faster or slower).
- Remove from oven and test with a toothpick. Pierce the centre of the cake or cupcake with the toothpick.
- If there is cake mixture on the toothpick when you remove it, the Mango-Almond Cupcakes or Cake isn’t quite ready. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- If there is no cake mixture on the toothpick when you remove it, then baking is completed.
- Turn off your oven. No need to waste the gas.
- Remove the cake tin(s) from the oven and set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing the cupcakes or cakes from the baking tin(s).
- Remove cupcakes or cake from the baking tin(s) and - Voila!! Your Mango-Almond Cupcakes or Cake is ready for eating!
- If you want to ice the cupcakes or cake, let cool for 1 complete hour and then ice.
Your FAVOURITE Cake!
Which type of cake is your favourite?
Insects and pets know good cupcakes when they smell them :)) So now that you have made the most deliciously perfect cupcakes, protect them!
ICING RECIPE Ingredients for Mango-Almond Cake or Cupcakes
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 5 tablespoons Icing Sugar with added egg white
- 1/2 tablespoon Evaporated Milk
- 6 crushed or finely chopped Almonds, (for sprinkling onto of the cupcakes)
ICING Instructions for Mango-Almond Cake & Cupcake Recipe
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the crushed almonds, together.
- Ice the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle randomly with crushed (chopped) almonds.
Visit the Catholic Contributor for more delicious recipes…
great product reviews for everyone, inspirational Catholic & Christian articles and winning gift ideas at http://www.thecatholiccontributor.com